Why become a member? ×

BassChat Podcast Feedback & Discussion

Akio Dāku

1 hour ago, Stingray5 said:

I'm listening to Trevor and Bo's chat right now.  👍 😎 👍

I finally was able to take time and check out BC podcast #2 (...thanks @ped for the slight nudge! ;) ). Really enjoyed Bo's chat with @TrevorR about his love and history of Wal basses. Not made it to a Wal myself (at least not yet) although I did have one of the then new Hayman 4040's back in the day, as discussed during the chat.
Also enjoyed Bo and Si's chat regarding performance, gigging, etc. Having just played a Prog fest in south Wales (roundtrip from Essex 350-odd miles returning the same day) I completely sympathise with Si's 800-miles-plus roundtrip gig north o' the border! :)

So, all in all, another great job with the podcast, chaps. I have to say, at just over an hour, it was a little easier for me to make it through in one hit. Looking forward to Episode 3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I concur with what @Stingray5 says above - even the bit about finally being able to make time to sit down and listen to it!

And easy listening it is too. 

Loved the Wal feature, @TrevorR (and, having worked on one once, love Wals.  They are a cut above in many ways).  Very informative!

And also interesting and relevant discussion between Bo and Si.  

And yes - much better length.  Excellent result, folks, for the herculean effort and time this must have taken for all of the participants and organisers.  Well done and great stuff! :)

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like a few folks here, I've only just got around to listening to a BC Podcast - the second one with the Wal feature - and I really enjoyed it.. 😊

The interview with @TrevorR was excellent; very informative and insightful even for someone like me who already knew a lot of the Wal back story...

And well done Trevor for giving Wal, Pete the Fish and now Paul and his team the recognition and praise they richly deserve! 

Thanks also @Akio Dāku and @Sibob for the rest of the podcast and especially the piece about Dave Hall. I didn't know that Dave had passed away so whilst being very shocked and  saddened to hear the news, it was lovely to hear your stories about his excellent products and his even more excellent customer service and the time he spent listening to their needs. RIP Dave. 

By the way, got to say that in terms of audio quality, the the podcast sounds great! 

Will go back now and check out the first one and am looking forward to number 3...

Nik

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I did a late download of this.

Great interview.

The market place segment was more interesting than I thought it might be.  Some interesting tips from Si on understanding Lakland model numbers.  Bo's enthusiastic delivery, as always, is a joy to listen to.

Cheers chaps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done, guys, I just listened to Episode 3. Nice interview with Jack Roan / Noble Amps with some great insights as to how this one-man-band functions. Also enjoyed the Marketplace sneak-peeks. Will that be a regular feature now?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Stingray5 said:

Well done, guys, I just listened to Episode 3. Nice interview with Jack Roan / Noble Amps with some great insights as to how this one-man-band functions. Also enjoyed the Marketplace sneak-peeks. Will that be a regular feature now?

Think so, may well depend on time and other things to cover, but it seemed to work well :).

Si

• Like 2

• 1 month later...