Why become a member? ×

VERY late NBD

Joebethell

Its been a while and this is really late but...  

I was on the hunt for a head and having taken a trip to the big smoke to no avail I decided to take a trip back to one of my favourite shops PMT Birmingham as it was in my old stomping ground.

looking to demo a couple of heads Orange 4stroke,Ashdown ABH600 etc so needed to pick a bass to try them out with.

Hidden at the back where they put some of the used equipment a silvery glint took my eye! The bass looked used had some marks and crazing in places I had heard good things so decided to give it a go. It sounded and played beautifully but I wasn't looking for a Bass really but I just kept playing and playing. A brew a bit more playing and finally a deal for a head and the bass came about. 

Now the special bit is the bass had a couple of quirks but after a chat with the staff and emails from yamaha all became clear the bass is one of the demo/proto basses made to take to trade shows/let artists use I believe 4 were made and this is one of them (picture in another thread here https://www.talkbass.com/threads/yamaha-prototype.569739/page-2

This explains the age related marks and knocks etc.

Anyway it's a stunning bass and plays amazing with cobalts on it. 

20180611_092707.jpg

20180611_092748.jpg

• Like 3

That is a wonderful instrument. I played it a couple of times in the shop and was very close to buying it myself were it not for the fact I've got too many basses. 

It had flats on it when I tried it but a superb instrument. Enjoy!