Why become a member? ×

Cort A5 Custom SP (Barely Used) ***SOLD***
£575

Tankdave

Due to illness a few years back and not being able to play now makes it time for me to make some space.

This was purchased and never used in earnest, OK I have played it a litte bit whilst testing and mucking about with it at home when I got it.

I have had a quick look over it and looks pretty much like new and it still makes all the right noises, both in active mode and passive

It has been stored in its case, upright, not near a radiator and kept in spare bedroom in my non-smoking home. It has NEVER done a gig, a jam session or even a band practice.

I did not like the original knobs so I replaced them with some matching black chrome with Mother of Pearl tops that match the neck dots, these are the ones on it now.  It also has matching straplocks too.

Build quality wise this thing is a real top-notch "through neck" construction, my "other" bass is a Sei-Bass so I know what I am talking about. It is a mainly Maple construction with Spalted Maple facings, has Bartolini pickups and the active eletronics are also Bartolini, even the tuners are decent Hipshot ones.

The bridge is very adjustable inc. string spacing, but you do need to realise the spacing is only 16mm "before adjusting" so do consider this, as its about the narrowest you can get.  It has a metal nut too, its an amazing specification,  I also beleive it has new set of 45 -125  R.Cocco strings on it.

Like the other gear I have been sellling, please do not ask me if I will take a silly price, I will not take one. The price is already good when you consider this bass is pretty much in a new condition.

I am NOT going to be posting it under any circustances, if you want it you WILL have to collect from Swindon or I do visit Reading a lot, so I can take it there.

Last but not least, "what does it sound like"  it sounds very nice, deep & powerfull to me.

IMG_1631_1920x1200.jpg

IMG_1636_1920x1200.jpg

IMG_1633_1920x1200.jpg

IMG_1635_1920x1200.jpg

IMG_1692_1920x1200.jpg

IMG_1703_1920x1200.jpg

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

Edited by Tankdave
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure why this is not gone yet, maybe the price? or people have to travel too far?

May try the Sei bass instead.

Anyhow "for now"  I have reduced the price of this superb 5-String to £520

Edited by Tankdave

• 4 weeks later...

Will someone take this thing off my hands please.

After elbow surgery on both arms, I have now just had hand surgery so having this around is just a reminder that I can't play it anymore.

Again, sorry but I cannot post this.

• 2 weeks later...