Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN* Hohner B Bass professional V 5 string Now £175
£225

lownote

This Hohner Professional B-Bass V 5-string active/passive bass is constructed in beautifully figured Maple (Natural matt lacquer finish) with a solid Rosewood fingerboard – a real stunner. These basses are very very rare.  No, really.  I have had an eye on the Hohner B Bass market for six years and in that time I have seen two come up for sale in the UK.

It features neck through contoured body construction, has a slim fast neck and an easy-to-play low action.

There are two high-quality J-style pick-ups (EMG branded Steinberger) and an active-passive switch with red LED indicator light. There are individual volume knobs for each pickup and a stacked bass/treble knob below the bridge.

The active electronics are accessed through the rear, and take a standard 9v PP9 battery

It is a lovely looking instrument with really deep tones from the solid wood through neck construction and has a great sound well suited to pop and similar. But, while remarkably unblemished, there's a short crack between one wing and the the body from the bridge to the back of the body, which looks to have started at one of the bridge screw holes. You can see this clearly in the pix. It doesn't affect the playing and hasn't spread in my ownership. Also, the truss rod cover has been lost at some point and replaced with trimmed piece of black plastic. Really not noticeable as its mostly hidden behind the strings. Almost new set of D'Addario XLs.

Now £175 plus £25 insured cartage - although with my experience of couriers recently I'd rather you collected.  Will consider trade with cash your way against nice Fender Precision MM.  I don't want anything else so please don't offer me anything, pretty please.

IMG_1453.thumb.JPG.27ddcdfb5138bef98ffba3d9a03df4a5.JPGIMG_1454.thumb.JPG.bac2b1eca625263ca07cb78e19d9f641.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

Edited by lownote12

2 hours ago, oldslapper said:

I had the 6 string version, I should have kept that. 

Great quality vfm.

I've had two of the sixers and loved the second especially.  It was immaculate with great sound.  So I sold it.  Crazy.