Why become a member? ×

1966 Fender Bass V SOLD
£3250

Hi All,

One for the Fender collector here - my 100% original 1966 Bass V with its OHSC.  

This is an early one, as Fender started making these during the summer of 1965 - and moved to block inlays mid way through 1966.

As hopefully you can see from the photos, it is in terrific condition with only a few marks here and there plus one or two dings and dongs (some evidence on the rear of cable marks, albeit very faint).  The sunburst is still very vibrant.

Unfortunately, the rather unusual dimensions of the Bass V have meant that most are plagued with neck issues, and this one is no exception.  

The action is set quite high to avoid any buzzing (approx 5mm at the 12th) - any lower than this and it buzzes at the top end like Arthur Askey in full swing (especially the E, A & D strings).  The truss rod has given all it has to give.

It would need a compression refret to fully fix, I would imagine.  Alternatively, you can sit and stare at it lovingly, as I have done for many years !!

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers, Si

fullsizeoutput_2e3e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e41.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e42.jpeg

+3HVVPQjS8uVzFS1nlo0kw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2e46.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e47.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e48.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e4d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e45.jpeg

Edited by 0353203

2 hours ago, Rick's Fine '52 said:

Very nice Si, rare to find a dot neck at all in this condition, especially with the case and covers.

Very John Paul Jones. GLWTS

Absolutely, what a great looking bass. Also a must for Eberhard Weber fans with that top C string.