Why become a member? ×

Want an SVT, but just don't got the dough?

NJW

[quote name='mxm' post='38180' date='Jul 28 2007, 04:23 PM']Very quickly....and in all honesty....I've got an SVT and when i really can't be arsed lugging it about I'll occasionally (depending on the style of music to be played) use my 24 quid Behringer BDI 21 (via power amp) and have never ceased to be impressed by the 'SVT-a-like' sound it makes !!!!

I dare say the BDI 21 is a clone of a Sansamp....[/quote]

Hay-hey! That's good enough for me. Thanks very much for that.

[quote name='steve' post='36867' date='Jul 25 2007, 01:46 PM']:) :huh: :huh: BVT - now that's funny

I'm sure they do it just to wind up the Behringer bashers

I'm expecting a new line of removeable head combos from Behr... called 'strollabout' or 'walkaround' soon.

I do find the people who bang on about Behrs lack of morality a little naive, this is business, and very few companies operate primarily on an ethical, moral basis. If Behr can hold up the legal process whilst they make their profit, blame the legal process, not someone who uses it to their advantage.

I do have a couple of Behringer bits - the rack tuner and some studio monitors. If behr had not bought out their versions, I would not have bought from their competitors, I would have done without. So in this instance, Behr didn't impact on the competition's sales, they allowed me to have more stuff. Huzzah![/quote]

I'm in agreement. I have a their £50 rack tuner, where I couldn't have justified shelling out £150 for a Korg one.

I have their 100W (or so) 1x12" combo as a backup amp and it's been fine for the limited use I've put it to.

I'm wary of the tube emulation, though. I had the Tech21 Landmark 300, which I thought was excellent. Then I switched to a valve preamp which, while not as "versatile", blew it away in terms of sheer wholesome valve lovelyness.