Why become a member? ×

Scott Devine - Moollon Bass Stolen -

2 hours ago, fretmeister said:

If he was going to give away free lessons he might as well have just bought a new bass.

What happened to just doing the right thing purely because it's the right thing? He didn't have to offer a reward - moaning that it isn't enough is distasteful.

Yes. A pint and a chat would be more than enough to restore some faith in humanity. 

That in itself is priceless.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, 2x18 said:

I can confirm -- Scott has now got his Moollon back safely!  -- I don't want to say too much at present as I am struggling  to get a refund from the Vendor!

Will.

You bought it?

Knowing it was pinched?

I can see all sorts of difficulties coming.

Please tell me you bought it with a Credit Card?

55 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

You bought it?

Knowing it was pinched?

I can see all sorts of difficulties coming.

Please tell me you bought it with a Credit Card?

I bought it yes! but I obviously didn't know it was stolen until after Received it!   --As I said I will give a full report once it is finally sorted so no more silly accusations please!

Will.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 2x18 said:

I bought it yes! but I obviously didn't know it was stolen until after Received it!   --As I said I will give a full report once it is finally sorted so no more silly accusations please!

Will.

Ah - I though you bought it knowing it was pinched just to get it back for Scott.

Fair enough. As you were.

• 4 weeks later...

Right guys  -- I bought the Moollon on E-bay thinking I was getting a cheap asian bass like Amoon , Rocktile etc. in a nice Mono gig bag ( I had never come across Moollon before )  -- Planned to keep the Mono gig bag and sell the bass cheaply!

Imagine my surprise when the bass arrived and I unpacked it -- Stunning build quality and played and sounded better than most P-Basses I have ever played ( And that is a lot in my 72+ years )

I did some searching on Google and quickly found several reviews ( all Good )  and then I came across one of Scott playing his on youtube and thought that it looked familiar so looked through his other vids and found the one reporting it as stolen!

I managed to contact Scott on Facebook and he rang me and I confirmed I had his Bass but wanted to ensure the Police followed up on it so I got the crime report No. from Scott and contacted the Police. I also contacted the Vender ( blueandyellow stores, which turns out to be Cash Generators ) and told them they had sold a valuable stolen Bass, They wanted me to send it back to them so they could sort it -- No Chance!

The Police came and collected the Bass and I gave them all the sales information so they could investigate ( which I believe is still ongoing ) The Police officer assured me she would take the Bass straight back to Scott the rightful owner, which she did.

I eventually managed to get a refund from the vendor once the police were involved and I did receive many Thanks and a very nice Reward from Scott!  -- Thanks Scott.

All in all a nightmare experience but hopefully the Police may get the Culprit(s)

Will  ( Eddie to Family and Friends )

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, 2x18 said:

Right guys  -- I bought the Moollon on E-bay thinking I was getting a cheap asian bass like Amoon , Rocktile etc. in a nice Mono gig bag ( I had never come across Moollon before )  -- Planned to keep the Mono gig bag and sell the bass cheaply!

Imagine my surprise when the bass arrived and I unpacked it -- Stunning build quality and played and sounded better than most P-Basses I have ever played ( And that is a lot in my 72+ years )

I did some searching on Google and quickly found several reviews ( all Good )  and then I came across one of Scott playing his on youtube and thought that it looked familiar so looked through his other vids and found the one reporting it as stolen!

I managed to contact Scott on Facebook and he rang me and I confirmed I had his Bass but wanted to ensure the Police followed up on it so I got the crime report No. from Scott and contacted the Police. I also contacted the Vender ( blueandyellow stores, which turns out to be Cash Generators ) and told them they had sold a valuable stolen Bass, They wanted me to send it back to them so they could sort it -- No Chance!

The Police came and collected the Bass and I gave them all the sales information so they could investigate ( which I believe is still ongoing ) The Police officer assured me she would take the Bass straight back to Scott the rightful owner, which she did.

I eventually managed to get a refund from the vendor once the police were involved and I did receive many Thanks and a very nice Reward from Scott!  -- Thanks Scott.

All in all a nightmare experience but hopefully the Police may get the Culprit(s)

Will  ( Eddie to Family and Friends )

Wow, what are the chances?

Excellently played, mon brave! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ped said:

Excellent result, well done Eddie. Did you like the gig bag 😂

Perhaps it’s worth me making a sticky about what to do if you have a bass nicked...

The Mono bag was nice but I prefer the design of the Protec Contego!

A sticky is a great idea!  --  Why not ask Scott if you can post his video as a sticky for anyone that has gear nicked?

Regards

Eddie

• Like 2

On 20/07/2018 at 14:17, EBS_freak said:

Looks like the seller on the bay is a pawnbrokers. Hopefully they have all the necessaries to trace it back to the individual to dealt with appropriately. Looking forward to hearing the update from Scott.

The one I used to go to in beeston was always careful about Id for sellers