Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SBV500 - SOLD PLS DELETE
£400

BassApprentice

HEY YOU! YES YOU!

Do you have a bass? Great start, but I bet your bass isn't as cool as this bass! (IT IS CALLED A SAMURAI BASS AND HAS BLUE STRINGS TOO). 
Dr. Who plays the guitar version, doesn't get much cooler than that. 

For sale today for you lucky buyers is a Yamaha SBV500, you won't see many of these going for sale outside Japan these days. 

It's basically a jazz bass but 9000% cooler. Slim neck and Volume Volume Tone controls. This one has also been nicely routed for a battery compartment for active electronics. I still have the EMG-BQC active preamp that was in it if the buyer wants it (adds another 500 cool points). Its been gigged (not by me), so there are a few scuffs and scrapes but that doesn't affect the playability at all. Happy to show more detail if photos I've added aren't enough

I have a box so it will be well packed so can post at buyers expense/risk. Price now includes delivery!

Feel free to ask any questions!

P1630886.thumb.JPG.bcee7980aa222a9dd2b7d1c09a0ce3cd.JPGP1630890.thumb.JPG.453c0f277b780e528520fac861ffe631.JPGP1630899.thumb.JPG.698ecb11efd31a665f474394beb06140.JPG

P1630895.JPG

P1630902.JPG

Edited by BassApprentice
  • Like 1

I had one of these before Dr Who did. As did the BC member who at one point had about 30 of them - every model, colour variation & a whole bunch of the original 60s versions too. Mine was one of his duplicates. :)

These are great basses, definitely a head-turner, very playable and nothing like as neck-divey as the body shape would suggest. GLWTS!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

I had one of these before Dr Who did. As did the BC member who at one point had about 30 of them - every model, colour variation & a whole bunch of the original 60s versions too. Mine was one of his duplicates. :)

These are great basses, definitely a head-turner, very playable and nothing like as neck-divey as the body shape would suggest. GLWTS!

This is my second one of these, I got my first from that very BC member :D

They are great, nice and light and just a fun bass, but I don't need it and it deserves to be played.

15 hours ago, CameronJ said:

@BigRedX, for some reason you come to mind...?

Probably because I used to own the rarest of all of the SVBs - the Yamaha BJ5B. It was a 5-string SVB made to match the Terry and the Blue Jeans signature SVG guitar and available as a limited edition of just 50. However it didn't have much in common with the the rest of SVB range other than the body and headstock shape. The rest of it was taken from the Yamaha TRB II - pickups electronics and hardware.

The result was rather less than the sum of its parts with the standard Yamaha very wide string spacing at the bridge and extremely narrow at the nut to accommodate the SVB headstock shape. It was also unfeasibility large and heavy, so I only ever used it at a handful of gigs where we were doing a 30 minute set on a suitably large stage, where I could wield the bass without danger of demolishing the drum kit or decapitating the front row of the audience.

BJ_5B_1.jpg

The 4-string SVBs are very popular in japan with female bassists. They are used by Fumi of Polysics and Miki Furukawa of Supercar (who has her own signature version of the SBV - the SVB800MF.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So beautiful ! 😲 Saw this topic and created an account here directly to say that if she's not sold in a month or two, I'll have enough money  to buy it, sure thing ! Kinda rare to see one of these at such a good price.
I just have a few questions : do you ship in France and how much you're asking for the additional EMG preamp ?

Cheers from France ! 

Edited by Aurichu

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • ped locked this topic