Why become a member? Read more... ×
Check out Guitarchat.co.uk Read more... ×
rambam

** Price drop** now £1400.00 for the pair or will sell separately Ampeg SVT Classic and American SVT-8x10 Cab excellent condition
£1500

Posted (edited)

Here is my Classic Ampeg Rig in what can only be described as in excellent condition, the Cab is almost  brand new which I will explain later...but first up the Amp, this dynamically powerful all-tube bass amp delivers a thunderous 300-watts of unsurpassed quality, reliability and tonal flexibility,  has been regularly serviced and maintained, with a full set of valves replaced last year by the previous owner, it comes with a brand new flight case which I purchased in March from flightcase warehouse costing £180.00.. Classic series heads are designed for players who are looking for the authentic vintage Ampeg tube sound..

Now the cab, I know what your thinking, these cabs have not been produced in the USA for some years now, but I purchased this from a session musician back in January and it was still in the original box that it was delivered to her in.. they ordered her two 8x10 cabs to use on tour in which only 1 was ever used the other being this one which was dry stored in her garage never touched until now, and I have only gigged with it myself once and used it for rehearsals a couple of times, known as the fridge this cab owns the stage, this is the speaker cab you want to own, the design has remained constant since 1969 and delivers the punchy round sound that defines the Ampeg tone, comes complete with a brand new roqsolid cover

I will sell separately and have priced the amp at £800.00 and the cab at £600.00 I am open to trades for Mesa cabs only thanks, please pm me the amp is a sale only

Due to the size and weight of this rig it is collection only from East Anglia, many thanks for reading and any questions please ask

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

Edited by rambam
Price drop
  • Like 1

Hi, I have had some interest, but this rig is still available.. would be open to sensible close offers.. thanks for your interest so far..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jazzjames
      Hello everyone,
      Due to downsizing, up for sale are my DB112 and DB112NT cabs.  The cabs are both 8 Ohms and rated at 300w RMS.  They are in really great condition, with few signs of use.  I look after all of my gear and I have been using them with a Tonehammer 500.  Their sound, together or separately, is warm, punchy and focused.
      Included are the covers, which I purchased from Hot Covers in the UK.  You can see from the pictures that these have more signs of use, but they have done their job and kept the cabs looking good.
      This is a private sale, so I can't accept returns or offer any guarantee.  I can however say that they are in full working condition and should serve the next owner well for years to come.
      I am based in Essen, Germany, and would prefer local pickup. I would prefer to sell them together, but will consider splitting in the future.
      Check out my feedback here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/185497-jazzjames/?tab=comments#comment-1787512

Thanks for reading.
      James

• By Paddy515
      I must say I'm quite excited by the prospect of a new to me Ampeg SVT 2. Bought through Gtree from a very helpfull guy up north. He sent me a good demo video but he only had a guitar to play through it. What should I expect come Monday - delivery day!!! Even if the head seems to perform well, should I get a service done straight away just to be on the safe side? Included is a copy of the advert.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-bass-amplifiers/sold-ampeg-svt-ii-non-pro-all-tube-bass-amp/1312485002
    • By Misowaki
      Great sounding amp for its size. At low volume I prefer the tone of this to my PF-500. 
      Have used at rehearsal in a band with three guitars and keys before (kinda Alt-Americana though, more Wilco than Sonic Youth) and it held up. Good as a monitor if you're hooking it up to a PA for larger gigs, perfect for smaller gigs, pubs with noise limiters etc.
      Tiny split in head handle (pictured) but only a surface split. Handle still intact.
      Trials welcome, I'm in Walton On Thames.

• By Finbar
      Downsizing my old gigging rig for something I can use in the home and small practice rooms, so I no longer need the flexibility or power of my rack setup. 
      I'm looking for £300 for this preamp. Would also trade toward a Darkglass head or one of the small Barefaced cabs. Will also be looking at selling the Powersoft poweramp at some point - if it's something that would interest you in addition to the preamp, I'll have a think about the price for that too. 
      I'm in Sheffield for anyone who would like to test and/or collect, but I should be able to ship this one. 
      Absolutely no issues with the preamp - condition is good and I think it sounds great (it's very flexible). I would assume that most people checking this preamp out will know what it is, but let me know if you want any more info about it and I will provide

• By Razboinikoff
      **SOLD**

This is the older (non-"Pro") version from the 90's. Preamp section (3 x 12AX7) is identical to the highly sought after SVT IIp preamp. Records flawlessly!
      Very good condition. Amp was serviced by a local tech an year ago - capacitors from the power supply were replaced, power amp was biased, the tubes were replaced with  2 pcs NOS RFT and one Tung Sol.
      Decided to sell it because recently I prefer the sound of my all tube amps.
      I can add a nice rack case for 20 GBP  - please see the respective picture below.
      Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.