Why become a member? ×

Found my perfect body/pickguard colour combination

bonzodog

I bought a MIM P bass last week and have really connected with it. Gigged with it last Saturday and am also pleased with the tone.

However it is brown sunburst with a white pickgurad and despite some advice from people including bandmates that I should leave it as it was I decided to try a black pickguard (3 ply BWB) . Arrived promptly yesterday and I put it on last night. My great bass just got a whole lot nicer and I personally don't think this colour combination can be bettered.

20180603_221100.jpg

• Like 2

That looks perfect. I have a JV P with identical finish (I think it's known as tobaccoburst) sporting it's original white scratchplate and I was thinking of treating my self to a decent tortoiseshell, but yours does look the biz.

Where did you get the new one from? - looks like a decent 3ply.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, musicbassman said:

That looks perfect. I have a JV P with identical finish (I think it's known as tobaccoburst) sporting it's original white scratchplate and I was thinking of treating my self to a decent tortoiseshell, but yours does look the biz.

Where did you get the new one from? - looks like a decent 3ply.

Thanks. Yes very happy with quality of pickguard. Bought it off eBay here and arrived in 24hrs

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F191149735203