Why become a member? ×

If Chris Squire Played in U2

plangentmusic

While the extra business of Mr Squire isn't too distracting, this new arrangement is seriously lacking bottom end so they'd need some other instrument to fill in down there. Maybe a bass guitar? 😉

Out of interest and because I haven't listened to any Yes since 1975 which Yes song does the bassline come from for this mash up?

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

While the extra business of Mr Squire isn't too distracting, this new arrangement is seriously lacking bottom end so they'd need some other instrument to fill in down there. Maybe a bass guitar? 😉

Out of interest and because I haven't listened to any Yes since 1975 which Yes song does the bassline come from for this mash up?

It's not a direct mash-up. I'm playing bass in what I thought would be Squires style. (And quoting a signiture lick here and there).  It's meant to be a parody. 

23 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Just shows that the often dismissed talents of Mr Clayton are in fact greater than many give him credit for.

23 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Quite.

Hats off to AC - firstly for resisting the idea that good bass lines are complex bass lines (simplest is often best) and secondly for putting up with Bonio, who must surely be right up there as one of the most hypocricital, hubristic and monumental bell-ends of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, discreet said:

Hats off to AC - firstly for resisting the idea that good bass lines are complex bass lines (simplest is often best) and secondly for putting up with Bonio, who must surely be right up there as one of the most hypocricital, hubristic and monumental bell-ends of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.

52 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Quite.

27 minutes ago, discreet said:

I guess the concept "irony" isn't too big in these here parts.  :  )