Why become a member? ×

Unexpected NBD - BC Rich Pointiness !

edstraker123

Dropped the Mrs at the gym and thought I'd pop into the LGS which is only a couple of minutes round the corner.

Just browsing - mostly at guitars when I came across the Mockingbird MK3 below. It looked stunning so I tried it and loved it. It's a bit neck divey as you would imagine , but sustains forever and has an awesome array of tones.

I wouldn't have ever imagined buying a BC Rich but it wasn't what I expected at all. The shop had set it up perfectly too. I now feel compelled to put gold strings on it (it's an obsession)

20180602_152605.thumb.jpg.d8ae280585fbb7c063577cbac0041a22.jpg

20180602_152609.thumb.jpg.f8d6a6e094f06ed19dce189583c15301.jpg

It was marked up at £500 so a quick google found it for £386 in Thomann and the LGS (Sound Affects) matched the price.

A good days work !

Edited by edstraker123
text
  • Like 7

Lovely bass you've got there.

I've come so close to pulling the trigger on a mockingbird on several occasions.

It was the bass I wanted when I first started playing. My musical tastes have changed beyond recognition since then but my inner teenager is still gassing for something pointy.

Edited by Cato

23 hours ago, edstraker123 said:

it's active. - It's got a bass boost which gives some godzilla like low end and on the blend some glass like tones  if you know what I mean.

I can't put it down !

Great - now you can sell me your Ibby SR1400!