therealting

Schroeder 1212L 2x12” 800w 4ohm Compact cabinet - NOW JUST £325 COLLECTED
£399

Serious bargain this if was near you I would of had it  myself superb cabs ,glwts 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So I just made a sort of "4x 10" + high frequency tweeter horn" faux cab sim (not completely accurate, really just set to my personal liking, but perhaps not all that different from a 4x 10" cab with its high frequency tweeter attenuated some) on my Zoom MS-70CDR by stacking 5 of the 2 band parametric bass equalizers, "BassParaEQ", and thought I'd share it in case someone else could have use of this experiment of mine.
      Of course this could be made with any 10 band parametric equalizer, and one could eventual skip the boost of the 400Hz and 800Hz bands, if they only got 8 bands available, eventual the 50Hz and 120Hz bands as well, in case they only got 6 bands at their disposal, also technically one might be able to get away with skipping the 20kHz band too, as the signal from a bass won't produce much frequency content above 10kHz anyway, and finally one might want to set the 400Hz and 800Hz bands differently, slightly boosting or cutting them according to the preferred character of the simulated cab.

So here's how I have the EQ's set, listed in the order of the signal flow:
      Freq:  50Hz          Q: 1          Boost/Cut: +  1dB       
      Freq: 120Hz         Q: 1          Boost/Cut: +  2dB    
      Freq: 400Hz         Q: 4          Boost/Cut: +  2dB     
      Freq: 800Hz         Q: 2          Boost/Cut: +  2dB     
      Freq: 1.6kHz         Q: 2          Boost/Cut: -  1dB     
      Freq:   2kHz          Q: 4          Boost/Cut: +  1dB     
      Freq: 4.5kHz         Q: 4          Boost/Cut: -  1dB     
      Freq: 6.3kHz         Q: 4          Boost/Cut: -  1dB     
      Freq: 10kHz          Q: 1          Boost/Cut: - 20dB      
      Freq: 20kHz          Q: 1          Boost/Cut: - 20dB     

• By Baloney Balderdash
      Is a cheap, lightweight, minimum 200W, powered, full range, flat response cab, with a flat response at max. 50Hz, and ideally with some kind of control over the high frequency tweeter as well, too much to ask for?
      I would think yes, by far most likely, but I am open for suggestions of something that at least somewhat approximates that.
    • By dave_bass5
      I got this on here end of last year, and finally found the tone i was looking for. Unfortunately I’m now playing keys and have no need for this, nor the space. So reluctantly I have to sell it to make space and fund a keyboard combo. Got a few marks on it, but nothing major. Also comes with padded fitted cover. 
      Here’s description.
      The Bergantino Audio Systems ‘Carbon Neo’ CN series of lightweight speaker cabinets nod their head to the traditional HD series but have a different function. These are the lightest speaker cabinets that we make. The precision tuned cabinet architecture and the enclosures are built with the finest lightweight Italian poplar plywood (with Baltic birch baffle boards) selected to our specifications. This lightweight cabinet material (along with the lightweight magnet material) helps reduce the overall cabinet weight. The lightweight carbon covering is used for cabinet cover material and is also lighter than the traditional tolex covering found on most speaker cabinets. A rigid black grille is added to protect the drivers from damage.
      The internal components used are extremely high quality and they are of Bergantino design. No ‘off-the-shelf’ parts are used. Woofers with Neodymium magnet material are used for the low frequency section of the CN series cabinets. The Neodymium drivers have a punchier low-end and a very sweet midrange that is placed a little more forward in the sound field when compared to the HD series. Fretless and upright players will often prefer the CN cabinets because of how the midrange ‘speaks’ with their instruments. The CN series cabinets have a high intelligibility tweeter mated to the woofers through a custom designed phase-coherent crossover with a tweeter control. Because of the increased cost of the Neodymium magnet material, imported wood for the cabinetry and the unique covering material, the CN series speakers cost more than the HD series, but may just be the right match for your playing style and weight needs.
      Spec: Taken from the Berg website. Ive not weighed this, but it seem pretty close to the spec. Very easy to carry.
      2 x 12" Custom Neodymium drivers with 7 oz magnets
      High intelligibility 1" tweeter
      Custom phase - coherent crossover with tweeter level control•Precision tuned 100% Baltic Birch cabinet
      Power handling - 700 watts rms
      2 x 1/4" and 2 x neutrik connectors
      Impedance:  4 ohms
      Dimensions: 31"H x 18-1/2"W x 15"D
       79cm x 46cm x 38cm / weight: 46lbs/20 Kgs
      Not looking for any trades, and cant offer delivery at this stage. Ive just had a hernia op so cant even carry this downstairs as the moment, so buy collects from central london. 

• By alinbassplayer
      So i'm clearing up some of my unused gear and up for grabs is my trusty TC Electronic BC212 Cab with Roqsolid cover(not pictured), in fully working condition. 250 W, 8 ohm, 2x12 inch speakers, it's punchy, it's bassy, does the job perfectly for small and medium gigs alike, or even for your own lock-up/practice sessions, never had an issue with it, and it has done a very good job making bass great again when i needded it, and i play in some really loud aggressive vocal instrumental outfits
      Not used much for gigging, currently just gathering dust and taking up space in my tiny flat .It's about 18-19kg, it has been used but not visually displeasing, check photos for scratches and such.
      Price is negotiable, so hit me with your best offers, not looking for trades, the only one i would consider is a TC RS112, mainly because it's small and i can use it at home for practising.
      The Roqsolid cover is black with green.
      *currently don't have an amp at home, will bring one later this week, if anyone wants to try it, i probably could do it after Saturday the 31st of October.
      I would prefer collection from either my building or around the Lewisham station area.
      Any questions hit me up.

• By Baloney Balderdash
      Mine must be the SWR Triad I, 4 Ohm, 400W bass cab, equipped with 1x15" + 1x10" speaker units + high frequency tweeter horn.
      The 15" speaker unit receiving the full range of the signal, and then a build in crossover making sure that the 10" unit mostly only receives the part of the signal that is between 100Hz and 5kHz, and that the high frequency tweeter horn then receives everything of the signal above 5kHz, with how much of this part of the signal is fed to the tweeter horn being adjustable via a build in tweeter attenuator.

Personally I have the attenuator set at noon, which according to the manual is the "normal setting", effectively meaning an about -4dB cut of the signal fed to the tweeter.

I use it for the musical project that has my main focus at the moment, a bass/vocals and drums duo, which music perhaps best can be categorized as a form of progressive psychedelic stoner rock, where I play a just 28,6" scale 4 string Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro bass, tuned G1 - C2 - F2 - A#2, as in G standard tuning, 3 half steps above regular 4 string E standard bass tuning, or 2 half steps bellow A standard baritone guitar tuning, and then beside other momentarily used effects (a heavy high gain distortion with a quite fuzz like quality, consisting of a Turbo Rat clone parallely mixed, via my Boss LS-2, with a Joyo Orange Juice overdrive stacked into a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, having a big part to play), have the bass signal run through an always on TC Electronic Sub'N'Up Mini octaver, blending in an 1 octave above signal with the regular bass signal, using the default polyphonic octaver setting, but tweaking the EQ of the input signal of the octave engine as well as the EQ of the pitched signal via the Toneprint editor to make it sound more natural, giving an effect similar to that of playing an 8 string "octave" bass, with pairs of respectively bass and octave strings. 

Here, beside my Mikro Bass, is my Peavey Solo Special 112, 160W guitar combo amp, having it's build in 12" guitar speaker disconnected and instead hooked up to my SWR Triad I bass cab, only using the poweramp section of the Peavey, having an EHX Black Finger, tube driven optical compressor, acting as much as a fairly light compression effect as as a tube preamp stage, placed at the end of my effect pedals chain, then going into a Zoom MS-70 CDR, exclusively using that as a multi band fully parametric equalizer, utilizing 6 of the multi effect pedal's 2 band parametric bass equalizer models, then finally going into a Behringer MIC100 Tube Ultragain tube preamp, before going into the Peavey's Effects Return effects loop input :

The SWR Triad I was one of the first real commercial attempts at making a full range bass cab, it's nowhere anywhere near flat response, but to me that doesn't really matter as I think it got just the right frequency balance as it is, with control of the upper frequency representation by the build in attenuator, as I mentioned previously, setting how much of the signal above 5kHz is fed to the tweeter horn.

The low end of the cab is tight and articulated as far as I am concerned, and I guess the cab is fairly mid-rangy, which I suppose makes sense with the part of the signal the build in 10" unit is responsible for, that is everything between 100Hz to 5kHz, and having the 15" unit, as said receiving the full range of the signal, overlap a great deal of those same frequencies, which by the way suits me fine too, as I like a rich mid-range presence.
      Also, even with the tweeter horn completely off (since the 10" unit will still reproduce frequencies up to 5kHz without much roll off), but especially with the attenuator set at noon, which equals to an attenuation of about -4dB of the signal fed to the tweeter (5kHz and upwards), the extended upper frequency range, compared to say a regular 15" or even a 10" bass cab, gives the tone of the bass a certain light sense of openess or space to it,  but seemingly without it causing any loss of sense of tightness, and without it ever sounding harsh in any way, even when using overdrive and distortion (mind though that the lack of perceived harshness may very well be due to me having sculpt the EQ so that it starts to roll off the top end from around 4kHz with a downward slope at about 9dB/Oct).

To me this cab reproduce the signal coming from my bass beautifully, couldn't imagine it any better, and even though I guess this type of cab is especially well suited for how I utilize it at the moment, I would not hesitate a moment using it in the context of a more traditional bass setup as well.

The´overall sensitivity of the Triad I cab is not really that impressive but still quite good with 98dB SPL @1W1M, and the frequency response spreads wide and deep with –6 db @ 37 Hz and 16 Khz.

Here's a link to the original manual: 
      https://www.manualslib.com/manual/621035/Swr-Goliath-Iii.html?page=17#manual (don't mind the link names the Goliath III cab, page 17, as is where the link leads, is the Triad I manual page)

Only downside to this cab really is that it weights half a ton (80lbs, or slightly above 36kg, to be exact).
      Man it's heavy, and it's a bit unusual shape (it's deeper and a bit more boxy than it appears on the photo) makes transporting it even more cumbersome.