Why become a member? ×

NBD semi hollow F'less

wrinkleygit

Anyone at the recent SW or Midlands BBash's will be familiar with this, for those that haven't seen it there is link to the build thread as well as a couple of pics. Finally got my hands on a lightweight ( about 6lbs ) med scale ( 31.5" ) fretless, the workmanship is stunning, check out the pic that shows the neck flowing into the body pocket , the balance is superb, with the top horn strap button just over the 10th fret, this feels more like playing a guitar than a bass when hung on a strap & despite the low body mass there is no neck dive either playing seated.The neck is a joy to play with a slightly rolled feel to the edge of an ebony board it seems like I have had this for years rather than days. As for how it sounds, the combination of LaBella flats, Shadow undersaddle & John East simple vol/treble roll off circuit all work to give a well defined acoustic tone with excellent balance across the strings.

If like me you are starting to show your age & not everything works as well as it used to one of these will keep you going for years to come, Jez is a top bloke to deal with & I can't thank him enough. Looking forward to see what he comes up with next, mike b.

Semi Hollow Bass                  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4kizwfi7j094u78/AAAAb1WxD-4Iv1BzP0Z2zTAza?dl=0

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wrinkleygit said:

Anyone at the recent SW or Midlands BBash's will be familiar with this, for those that haven't seen it there is link to the build thread as well as a couple of pics. Finally got my hands on a lightweight ( about 6lbs ) med scale ( 31.5" ) fretless, the workmanship is stunning, check out the pic that shows the neck flowing into the body pocket , the balance is superb, with the top horn strap button just over the 10th fret, this feels more like playing a guitar than a bass when hung on a strap & despite the low body mass there is no neck dive either playing seated.The neck is a joy to play with a slightly rolled feel to the edge of an ebony board it seems like I have had this for years rather than days. As for how it sounds, the combination of LaBella flats, Shadow undersaddle & John East simple vol/treble roll off circuit all work to give a well defined acoustic tone with excellent balance across the strings.

If like me you are starting to show your age & not everything works as well as it used to one of these will keep you going for years to come, Jez is a top bloke to deal with & I can't thank him enough. Looking forward to see what he comes up with next, mike b.

Semi Hollow Bass                  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4kizwfi7j094u78/AAAAb1WxD-4Iv1BzP0Z2zTAza?dl=0

You lucky, lucky man. Great bass from a great builder :)