Why become a member? ×

How democratic is Basschat?

Happy Jack

Forget polls identifying Basschatter's ages ... that's demographics.

How about polls identifying Basschatter's preferences ... that's democratics.

To take an entirely hypothetical example, if a hypothetical Basschatter were to start a hypothetical poll as to whether or not Basschat should retain the Greatest Profanity Filter Ever Devised By Mere Mortal Man, would anyone care?

[And yes, there is a particularly silly & pointless discussion on Talkbass just now.]

I think a Pub Carpark section(where anything and everything goes) should be established that is only visible to memebers and the swear filter should be removed for that section only.

And yes I stole that idea from HiFi Wigwam

• Like 1

I agree to the profanity filter to make the forum more inclusive to budding impressionable teenagers, but I also doff my cap in admiration to whomever edits the filter.

The one that replaces the current hot topic involving cold air precipitation when describing someone who has less hardened views than you always makes me laugh.  I think that was Dad....

• Thanks 1

It's all a bit self-defeating in the end. When (not 'if', but 'when'...) 'marmalade sandwich' starts being used as a genuine insult, I'll have to invent another euphemism for the filter to use. I'm compiling a list of 'soft' words to be called up in such circumstances, listed (yes, I'm sad like that...) in alphabetical order. My current favourite for replacing the above example is 'robin', which, of course, will itself have to be replaced once it, in turn, becomes adopted as an uttered profanity. Eventually the wheel will turn full circle and we'll have to recycle 'old' terms, and 'sn0wfl@ke' will again be preferred to whatever nasty word is current in the future. Such is life. Sigh...

xD 

10 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

There is a band called The Pink Torpedo's. Sure I saw them in Preston...

No wonder i've flipping seen them. It's my mates flipping band! He flipping engineers for us too at times! What a cupid stunt I am...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dyerseve said:

I think a Pub Carpark section(where anything and everything goes) should be established that is only visible to memebers and the swear filter should be removed for that section only.

And yes I stole that idea from HiFi Wigwam

Don’ do it @dyerseve! ‘Es not werf it! ‘Es not werf it!