Why become a member? ×

1965/6 Fender Jazz Bass SOLD
£5750

Hi All,

Up for sale is my practically unplayed transitional period 1965/6 Fender Jazz Bass - one or two dings and dongs but hardly a mark on it. 100% original with OHSC.

Lightweight at 8.8lbs.  Collector grade condition.

August 65 neck date, early 66 pots, typical transitional features.  Priced to sell.

Cheers, Si

fullsizeoutput_2e38.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e39.jpeg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_5372.JPG

Edited by 0353203
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

That is lovely.  Does tend to make you wonder why someone in Cheltenham is asking £22,000 for a clean 65 because it is a rare colour with a matching headstock.

Cos we’re all mad in Cheltenham! 

It’s a lovely jazz, at a really reasonable price. GLWTS

It's a lovely guitar and very reasonably priced. I've played 65 Jazzes that are the equivalent of pre CBS basses at about half the cost. Didn't some bloke from Led Zeppelin play a 65? Apparently they were quite good.

2 hours ago, Rick's Fine '52 said:

JPJ played a slab board 3-knob ‘61, same year and spec as the one Jaco modded. JPJ still has it, it rattles too, needs setting up! 

I’d had a glass of wine and was actually thinking of Noel Redding not JPJ. Apologies for derailing the thread. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 16:47, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Oof. You've just hit me at a vulnerable point in time when funds actually do allow.

Must....resist....

Where are you?

I live near Woking, birthplace of Paul Weller, Delia Smith, Sean Lock, Harry Hill and Peter Gabriel.  What a combination 🤪

10 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You have a PM Si(r).

If you buy this you HAVE to let me see it in the flesh/maybe touch it a little... this was my original No. 1 dream bass years ago before I knew basses could have more strings! 

• Haha 1