Why become a member? ×

June Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

June Composition Challenge is now underway!

Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner, Mornats… 

DSC_1565__01.jpg

Rules:

1. Don't use any content that you don't have the right to use.
  2. Try not to be offensive.
  3. Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition.

The deadline for entries is midnight on Saturday 23rd June.

Will likely miss this month due busy schedule. Every time I listen to entries it makes me think. So many great composers here on BC; none of that modern music nonsense in pop industry ( I mentioned then removed someone' s name, probably best to).

Well done everyone.....and watch out for Mornats and dad.😁

Oh I like this one! It's already given me some cool lyric Ideas; "I've got 9 lives, 9 chances to die, 8 to waste and 1 to say goodbye." that might have to be the chorus hook but I'm not sure... I also quite like;  "Look out in the blackout, chaos is order when mapped out, full bore call it flat out, so breath deep before you lash out." not sure though, I'll get on it this weekend and see what happens. 

• Like 1

I really need to get writing again for these challenges... it's been a while.

Doubtful it'll be this month, as my work life is still in overdrive. And heh, it's sunny out there! B| But when things settle down it'll be good to get back in the saddle and splurge out something vaguely musical alongside you good folk.

In the meantime, this is what my thoughts would probably have turned to this month. So count yourselves lucky.

4 hours ago, Akio Dāku said:

Oh I like this one! It's already given me some cool lyric Ideas; "I've got 9 lives, 9 chances to die, 8 to waste and 1 to say goodbye." that might have to be the chorus hook but I'm not sure... I also quite like;  "Look out in the blackout, chaos is order when mapped out, full bore call it flat out, so breath deep before you lash out." not sure though, I'll get on it this weekend and see what happens. 

Don't go using all the words up , leave some for everyone else :D

I'll let this one settle for a couple of days , I haven't seen my way in yet 🤔

• Haha 1

I'm not sure of my approach just yet! Any time I've chosen a picture to use I've always gone for one that I've taken myself and it took me a while to find one that wasn't of my girlfriend's dog! I didn't know which one I'd choose until I uploaded it to Basschat so I've had just the same amount of time to think about this one as everyone else :)

Fun fact: other than the composition challenge pics from others, all of the pics on the tracks on my SoundCloud were taken by me.

R91KekF.gif

Good Stuff indeed..! ^^ Nice 'hats', too. With a touch more production it'd not disgrace a NIN album. I'll not declare it an automatic 'Winner of the Month', but the track that beats it will have to be very good indeed..! B|

On another note, I may have to dip out this month. I've started, but Stuff is getting in the way (not feeling well doesn't help...). I may yet squeeze past the post, but don't hold up the voting waiting on me.

Edited by Dad3353
  • Thanks 1

Been a while etc, etc...Anyway, bear in mind that this, the first track Ive ever submitted, was written, recorded, mixed and mastered in one day. The idea came to me while while looking at the image and watching our various cats going about their business and interacting with one another; 

It starts off pleasant enough, then changes to a slightly ominous atmosphere before kicking off... if you have cats you'll (hopefully) get it

Edited by kingofthestuntmen
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Akio Dāku said:

@kingofthestuntmen this is great! Love the arrangement and all the layers are awesome, very nicely done indeed. 👏

Thanks, AD. I deliberately didn’t listen to yours before I posted, but I’ve given it a listen since.

That’s quite a bass tone, and I love the percussion.

• Thanks 1

OK I'm in 

a simple affair this time , nothing too complicated but I am very short on time this month, gigs, work and setting up for Lurksalittles 18th birthday bash next weekend !

Enjoy 

For some bizzarre reason I cant get the picture to upload this time around , I will try Again in the week 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

OK I'm in 

a simple affair this time , nothing too complicated but I am very short on time this month, gigs, work and setting up for Lurksalittles 18th birthday bash next weekend !

Enjoy 

For some bizzarre reason I cant get the picture to upload this time around , I will try Again in the week 

This is genius! I love it! You've got my vote man, perfection on every level! 🙌🙇‍♂️🙌🙇‍♂️🙌🙇‍♂️🙏 You are a god among mere mortals. 👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lurksalot said:

Having now had a listen to @Akio Dāku and @kingofthestuntmen I have have to say I am most impressed ........

Its a good job I brought my A game to the challenge this month :hi: .................................................................:tatice_03:

To quote my 6 year old “that song’s pretty cool... the one with black in it”

And thanks for the kind words.

KotS

• Like 1

• Skol303 unpinned this topic
  • Skol303 pinned and unpinned this topic