Why become a member? ×

NBD - Mustang content

Sibob

Cheeky interim purchase before my ACG arrives. Cheers Jonze!

This is a 2006 CIJ Mustang, always fancied one, and the wife has a couple of bass gigs (she plays a Mustang guitar), so made sense!

Liking the Fiesta Red more than I thought I would, but was the right price, so don’t care either way! 

Cleaned up the fingerboard (needed a little TLC), fitted some La Bella Mustang Flatwounds, overall a very cool bass :)

0F452A06-3485-49C8-B655-F45F6CC7391A.jpeg.2169ad6990b8f22619921499e90d69d1.jpeg

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 6

On May 31, 2018 at 18:11, Sibob said:

Cheeky interim purchase before my ACG arrives. Cheers Jonze!

Always fancied one, and the wife has a couple of bass gigs (she plays a Mustang guitar), so made sense!

Liking the Fiesta Red more than I thought I would, but was the right price, so don’t care either way! 

Cleaned up the fingerboard (needed a little TLC), fitted some La Bella Mustang Flatwounds, overall a very cool bass :)

0F452A06-3485-49C8-B655-F45F6CC7391A.jpeg.2169ad6990b8f22619921499e90d69d1.jpeg

Si

Is this an older Mustang? Japan-made? The only ones I find currently are the P/J type. This is a very cool-looking bass!

3 hours ago, Wylie said:

Is this an older Mustang? Japan-made? The only ones I find currently are the P/J type. This is a very cool-looking bass!

Yeah, it’s a 2006 CIJ Mustang, didn’t want one of the P/Js, so waited for a Japanese one to come up!

Si

1 hour ago, martthebass said:

Through the power of BC I was fortunate for this one to come into my possession a couple of weeks ago Si. Very Tina Weymouth!

A7E042C1-6ECF-4735-8D01-3E653D73025F.jpeg

Very cool, late 70’s?

How do you find the Mikey Way sig? I considered one before I got the CIJ, simple because it has a soapbar and I could easily drop in the soapbar version of Jake Serek’s B90 pickup! 

Si