Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha BB425 - project
£100

Paul S

Black Yamaha BB425 - y'all know what one of these is and what they look like.  Passive, P/J, slim neck 5er with arguably the best bang for buck low B string for such a cheap bass.

I bought this one a year or so ago as a back up and it blew me away in terms of value for money - excellent bass.  But found it to be a little heavy so I started to look at ways to lighten it.  I changed the tuners for ultralites then, in a blinding flash of logic - I only used the P pup on this so I removed the bridge pickup and 3 way selector switch which saved me a lot of weight.  However, I am having a bit of a cull and this one was on the list for going so I decided to put it back to stock. 

Original tuners now back on - check.

Bridge pickup back in place - check.

Toggle switch back in place - hang on, where exactly did I stow it.  Somewhere safe, no doubt, but I have no idea where.  It isn't where it should be, therefore it could be anywhere. :D

So what I have for sale is a 1 year old, good nick, BB425 with everything there except a 3 way selector switch and then, of course, it all needs wiring back together again.   

If you are handy with this type of thing this is a bit of a bargain - I don't have the inclination or time to sort it out myself at the moment.

£100 collected from SS7 southeast Essex, hardly seems worth the bother of a courier.

It looks exactly like this one, pic nicked off t'net.  Except it hasn't got the toggle switch, of course.

P1205447-300x225.jpg

Edited by Paul S

PMs replied to.  Regarding posting, I would rather hang on for someone who can collect for the moment.  That is partly why it is so cheap.  I have a limited amount of packaging to hand and, with two other basses up for sale at the moment, don't ant to use a lot of it posting this.  Of course I can scavenge some more but that is extra hassle.  :)

I will be... set of 5 (4+1) USA Hipshots chrome clover leaf 3/8" shaft.  Just off to a gig and then away first thing until Monday but should be monitoring by emails and here.

Edited by Paul S