Why become a member? ×

Free: 100% functional but 100% tatty defretted Spector
£1

jonsparrow91

• Cheapey Chinese Spector; defretted/filled/varnished by yours truly; heavily used in the past but now gathering dust.
  • Free to a good home where it might get played. Ideal for anyone wanting to have a go at a fretless without having to spend any money.
  • Action is as low as it'll get without getting farty but it's still a little bit of a strength exercise with one or two very small dead zones.
  • Currently has a set of embarrassingly patriotic strings on it: red, white and blue coated DR Hi-Defs - supplying these free of charge as none of my other basses are humbucking so I can't use coated strings on them without getting static crackles.
  • Electronics are functioning, two passive EMG humbuckers (not HZ series) with vol/vol/tone, there's a second tone knob which doesn't work but both tone knobs affect both pickups so it was completely redundant anyway.
  • Huge chunk of varnish missing from the back, I think I attempted to smooth it down at one point, I don't remember; I got this bass halfway through uni so I don't remember much of its early life. See (pending) pictures for more details.
  • Whoever takes it must promise to either use it or pass it on to someone who. No binning it. :)

• Getting rid because it's not getting used and it's taking up space, which is in short supply.

• Collection from Colnbrook (SL3) ideally. I've no amp set up at the moment (nor the room for one, hooray for VST plugins) but you're welcome to test it acoustic like.
  • Can travel into London if fares are covered but it'll be supplied without a gig bag (none spare).
  • No delivery, I'm afraid, as my schedule doesn't allow me to wait in for couriers.

IMG_20180531_203939.jpg

IMG_20180531_203952.jpg

IMG_20180531_204010.jpg

IMG_20180531_204028.jpg

IMG_20180531_204043.jpg

IMG_20180531_204050.jpg

IMG_20180531_204057.jpg

Edited by spaz91
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Damonjames said:

Mate, I’d love this if no one else is interested!! I had considered doing this myself, so will make a great practice run!!

im down in London next week too as luck would have it!!

One person's got in ahead of you (minutes after the op) but I'll keep you posted. I'll get the pictures and videos up before I finalize anything too.

• Sad 1

Can I please join the queue - I'm just down the M4 in Wokingham (J10), and drive past Colnbrook every day for work (J3).  I can swing by and free up that space, whenever it's mutually convenient, :-)

Big smiles,

Andy.

P.S.  Coincidentally, I was in Anderton's this morning with some friends, trying out some fretless basses, including an Asian Spector - it was more for my friend, but I am certainly interested in that fretless mwah, so it would definitely get used.

Edited by DannsTheMan

30 minutes ago, DannsTheMan said:

Can I please join the queue - I'm just down the M4 in Wokingham (J10), and drive past Colnbrook every day for work (J3).  I can swing by and free up that space, whenever it's mutually convenient, :-)

Big smiles,

Andy.

P.S.  Coincidentally, I was in Anderton's this morning with some friends, trying out some fretless basses, including an Asian Spector - it was more for my friend, but I am certainly interested in that fretless mwah, so it would definitely get used.

You're 3rd at the moment. :)

21 minutes ago, Damonjames said:

I’ll take the resonator!!! Lol

You haven't seen the resonator. :P I don't think I can give it away for ethical reasons: the headstock seems to have been repaired with a poorly applied mixture of glue and screws and the resonator cone itself is held in place with the same overly large (and sharp) wood screws so the whole thing is a death trap. (For the record I actually found this in the garage of an old flat along with a TV and a few billion spiders. Pretty sure there are still spiders in the resonator cone.)

Edited by spaz91
  • Like 1