Why become a member? ×

Johnny doesn't half get about

6 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Unless you're a Jimmy. That said, you get your name endlessly repeated by the most annoying voice ever so there's some justice.

Johnny called to Jimmy. He said, “Hey man, I know your name!”

While JBG was in daipers there was a character lurking in music from the crossroads called Stag O lee or Stagger Lee or Stack O Lee , all one and the same person..I get the impression he was a bad type probably with some affiliation to the devil. 

His name crops up in rural blues, early country music , rockabilly etc. I dont think he ever got in the pop charts like Johnny did.

I don't know about England,  which from my perspective,  had an inordinate number of Clive's and Trevor's and Ian's and Mick's,  over here the old names like Frank and Paul and Joe and John and Richard and William aren't heard anymore amoung the young.  There seems to be a plethora of Dylan's though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yank said:

I don't know about England,  which from my perspective,  had an inordinate number of Clive's and Trevor's and Ian's and Mick's,  over here the old names like Frank and Paul and Joe and John and Richard and William aren't heard anymore amoung the young.  There seems to be a plethora of Dylan's though.

Well, knock me down with a feather,  I’m so  clever... 

11 hours ago, Yank said:

Back at university I wrote a song because a friend called Liz complaining bitterly that it was OK for Marys and Carolines and Sues but no one ever wrote songs about Liz’s or Elizabeths! 

This was long before Counting Crows released Goodnight Elizabeth...

It was a long time  ago, I was very young!!!!

Edited by TrevorR