Why become a member? Read this.... Read more... ×

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

... ive realised 212's are really what i love best.

+1^^

A 212 really does seem to nail it!

If you can handle the weight, this (I absolutely love the sound that I get out of mine):

I would love one of those, but it looks heavy and i live on the 3rd floor without a lift 😞

57 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I would love one of those, but it looks heavy and i live on the 3rd floor without a lift 😞

Yup I know exactly what you mean. Mine is part of my Mesa M6 combo and whilst it is my favourite rig in terms of glorious sound, at 80lbs it's definitely staying put in my bass-ment! 

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yup I know exactly what you mean. Mine is part of my Mesa M6 combo and whilst it is my favourite rig in terms of glorious sound, at 80lbs it's definitely staying put in my bass-ment! 

i am seriously thinking of getting rid of my Vanderkley 1x15 though. As much as i love it i still miss the sound of a 212 cab.

I'd have to agree with you there. For me in terms of portable 'one cab' solutions, my order of preference would be for sound quality and punch alone:

1) 212

2) 210

3) 112

4) 115

I've settled on a VK210LNT as my 'compromise' on sound quality, punch, power, price and weight. Very happy with it so far... 

36 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I'd have to agree with you there. For me in terms of portable 'one cab' solutions, my order of preference would be for sound quality and punch alone:

1) 212

2) 210

3) 112

4) 115

I've settled on a VK210LNT as my 'compromise' on sound quality, punch, power, price and weight. Very happy with it so far... 

Ive only ever had one cab that had 10's in it, the BF Retro 210. I have played though a few others though and have always liked what i hear/feel.

I noticed the other night how uncompressed my tone was. Same amp settings etc, but the upper strings were much more prominent than when i use my 1x15.

I think id really get on with the VK210LNT though, although id love to try one of the Vanderkley 212's (my guitarist has one but he wont bring it along for me to try lol).

If my gigging future looked more promising id sort out a new cab, but as its all up in the air at the moment i dont have much enthusiasm for changing cabs.

I have a Barefaced Super Twin and it doesn't get out of 1st gear for an average pub / club gig.  These days, a 2 X 12 will cover most scenarios.  If you need to go louder, you'd probably be damaging your hearing. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now