Why become a member? ×

##Sold## - Shuker 5 string fretless
£900

Bassy

Now £850

Hi, i am looking to sell/trade this lovely Shuker fretless. I had it made for me by Jon Shuker, but i never really play fretless so it sits in a case in my studio. It is in excellent condition and a has a Shuker hiscox case.

The bass has an ash body with a flame maple top - dark sunburst. 5 piece neck, 35 inches, 2 octave, with macasser ebony fretless board with side dots. 18mm string spacing (adjustable string spacing - Schaller 2000 bridge) and 48mm nut width. Two custom Wizzard humbuckers both coil tapped. Jon Shuker eq: vol, blend, bass, treble and a variable mid. Great fretless growl with a lot of eq options for the studio.

Weight - 8.5lbs /  3.8kg

The trades i would consider are Fender USA jazz., elite or deluxe (2010 onwards).

I am based in North London if anyone wants to try the bass.

Shuker fretless 2.JPG

Shuker fretless 1.JPG

IMG_3784.JPG

IMG_3371.JPG

IMG_3372_R.jpg

IMG_3377-r.jpg

IMG_3378- r.jpg

IMG_3780- r.jpg

Edited by Bassy

Yep amazingly Peted it's still for sale.😥

I have added a couple of photos - one of the fingerboard to show the ebony wood figuring and one one of the back of the neck to show the maple/ebony laminate strips.

Jon Shuker certainly knows how to build basses. I've spent many years playing Wal basses so that is what i am comparing the fretless to and it is equal in build and sound quality. The custom wound Wizzard pickups have a great sound, bright but with weight.

Hi Jezzer, after a bit of googling i have found out that the string spacing is adjustable. There are allen key screws at the bottom of the bridge that when unscrewed adjust the individual strings.

• Three-dimensionally adjustable
  • Material: Steel
  • Bore hole spacing: 70 mm
  • Total string spacing: 54 mm
  • Dimensions: (L x W x H) 54.5 x 80 x 12 mm
  • Weight: 210 
  • Made in Germany
Edited by Bassy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • ped locked this topic