Why become a member? ×

Zon Sonus 4 **SOLD - PENDING PAYMENT**
£1700

michele

Up for sale a 1993 Zon Sonus 4 strings.

Bass is in excellent condition with no scratch, dings or anything I could speak of.

Originally a fretless it was just converted into fretted from my trusty luthier (frets have 100% fret life in them). Fretboard has been cleaned and polished as well as the back of the neck. Frets has been installed by epoxying them into the phenolic board (that's the procedure followed at Zon Guitars). Side dots have been repositioned in the classic spot for fretted instruments (between the frets). The work is absolutely flawless without the smallest sign of the repositioning: you could swear it was born this way.

Pickups are Bartolini's single coil and preamp is Bartolini NTBT concentric bass/treble boost/cut

Action is nice and low: 2mm on E string side, 1,6mm on G string side. Neck won't move even in a nuclear war.

Bass is very light (7lbs 14oz/ 3,6 kg) and balance perfectly sitting or standing.

Truly a jazz bass on steroids.

Price is 1700 GBP + shipping  PRICE DROP: £ 1500 will get you this beauty!

LAST PRICE BEFORE WITHDRAW: 1300 GBP SHIPPED WITHIN EUROPE WITH AIR COURIER

Bass has no case but will be professionally and safely packed.

20180529_075337.jpg

20180529_075436.jpg

20180529_075420.jpg

20180529_075345.jpg

20180529_075407.jpg

Edited by michele

I realized that the previous pics didn't do justice to the wonderful glossy natural finish, so here you go..

Note: the MOP fingerboard dots are just adhesive from Jockomo, they could be easily removed without leaving any residue. I could leave it on the bass at no extra charge :D

20180531_224445.jpg

20180604_105257.jpg

True. Action is low and people with light touch will make this puppy sing.

But I will also add that for those who like to dig in with heavy right hand there are always the bridge saddles!

Truly a beast for all seasons!

Since someone asked, I should mention that trade is a possibility.but I'm very specific about it. Ideally should be a nice passive Fender Jazz plus cash towards me: Flea signature, roadworns or MIJ are my preference.

But I would also consider a nice AVRI jazz or P bass.

However feel free to propose something in the vein, worst I could say is no thanks.

• 2 weeks later...