Why become a member? ×

Just saying' "Hi"

Gillian57

I didn't realise I've have a profile here since 2015, so I guess it's time I said "Hi"...

My gear is:

Basses: Peavey Zephyr 5; Peavey Grind 5; Peavey Axcelerator 4; 2x Peavey Axcelerator 5's (1x Flatwound, 1x Roundwound strings); Peavey Cirrus USA 5 Bubinga/Walnut; Peavey Cirrus USA 5 Custom Shop Mahogany; Peavey Cirrus BXP 5; Crafter BA-580 Electro-acoustic; MK Baritone Guitar... Yes, I know I can only play one at a time :-)

Amps: TC Electronic RH 450 Head; BG250 112 Combo; Carlsboro 55w 1x10 Combo

Cabs: TC Electronic RS210 Combo cab for RH450; TC Electronic K-212

Pedals: All TC Electronic... Tuner; Compressor; Octaver; Tube Drive; Overdrive; Distortion; Chorus; Flanger; Phaser; Vibrato; Tremolo; Reverb; Delay... probably way too many but hey-ho

I'm not in a band or project at the mo, but I'm at the point where I feel a need to play live gigs again, or at least get together with a bunch of people to jam with. Never for the money but just cos I miss it... I mostly play Blues, and other stuff that tweaks my ears a bit (could be Snow Patrol, could be Seether)...

Welcome!

I have no experience of Peavey basses at all, but all the TC Electronics gear I have / had is/has been top notch

There are open mics springing up everywhere with backline where you can drop in and just jam, which is a pretty good place to start playing again. A survey of your local FB music groups and pub pages should find them

Peavey basses just to suit me over the more well known brands. They deliver a good tonal range, are invariably well made (particularly the USA Models), and can be available at budget prices. Apart from that, I just like them :-)

The TC Electronics Amps I have is superb and delivers a really good quality and clarity of tone unless you're deliberately getting dirty with the drive :-)

I've done the FB local search thing and have found a couple of Jam sessions which I'll pop along to as soon as they come around. I'm also toying with the idea of setting up a project in the near future but jam sessions first...