Why become a member? ×

sold- pending payment
£3725

wombatboter

The years of playing live a lot are behind me (my own personal choice) so I rarely use this great bass anymore (the occasional twang while watching tv as an exception).

I've already owned around 11 or 12 Wal basses and this is a fine one which I have owned longer than the others..No doubt I'll miss it in case it gets sold but that's a luxury problem since I still have other basses which supply me with ideas and pleasure.

It is in excellent condition (the wood is yew), comes with the Wal case and shipment to the UK is included....I would prefer an international money transfer so no paypal please (feel free to check my feedback here on bass.chat). The bass can also be collected (I live in the Brussels area in Belgium) so no trouble at all to come and check it out. No shipment to the US.

I took a few pictures and recorded a couple of videos with this bass to give an impression but feel free to contact me for more information...No trades please since I still have too many basses.

Thanks for looking...

w 002.JPG

w 003.JPG

w 004.JPG

w 005.JPG

w 006.JPG

w 007.JPG

w 009.JPG

Edited by wombatboter
  • Like 2

The plate says : "yew facings, mahogany core"

The bridges can't be moved latteraly (sidewards if I understand what you mean, I'm Flemish).

Since I've had this bass I didn't had to adjust anything since the neck hasn't moved : it's very stable and I could put any kind of strings on it and they all seemed to fit...

2 hours ago, eneade said:

Thanks ! I am French and I did not know "yew" was a wood species.

I believe Yew is what was used to make English longbows (cough)

Edited by Daz39
  • Like 2

Thanks for the compliment (I do need it every now and then since one is rarely satisfied with ones manierisms and some days nothing seems to go right :-))

It is a fine bass and I would love to see it in the hands of someone who finds the potential which is hidden in these basses...A Wal bass has the quality that even sound engineers with the worst skills have a hard time killing that strong midtone.

I've used it in various situations and I was able to hear myself thanks to that "honk" which puts it clearly in the mix.

I still have a fretless Wal to keep me in the family ...