Why become a member? ×

Screws and fittings

Hi All,

I asked this in a thread but thought I would ask here. I have looked around and on the hardware list, which is a bit hard to read with the new format.

I am after things like 2 * 3 pickups screws for Musicman style pickups, and springs. These things are available in some shops at really high prices. It seems a bit silly when you can get a good MM pickup for £15 that you would pay £5 for 3 screws and 3 springs. Surely it should be more like 20 of those for a quid somewhere?

Also those ferrule things that you put screws in for the neck - any idea where they come from?

I need black and 4 or so, but just haven’t seen them anywhere. I tried my local fastener shop but the didn’t even have the domed screws (even though the have thouasands of types of others)

i remembered I had this problem when I broke one on my ibanez

Yo! I'm afraid stuff like this is normally a bulk by thing if you want to do it the cheapest way, so if your buying just a few it's always going to be a touch more pricey. Personally I tend to get everything like this off either https://www.allparts.uk.com or Ebay. Allparts do bulk bags (50 pieces) of most screws/springs for £15 to £20 depending on the specifics  of the hardware. Its worth just getting a bag of whatever you need then you always have spares knocking about.  

https://www.allparts.uk.com/products/pickup-mounting-screws-for-bass £3 for 8 of the screws your after. 

Edited by Akio Dāku
Adding extra link