Why become a member? ×

Gone! So it turned out I needed a medium scale set...

TrevorR

Bum and poo! So it turns out my short scale acoustic bass needed medium scale strings... upshot is I’ve got an entirely unused (not even clipped) short scale set of La Bella 750-T white nylon tape wound strings 50/65/85/105 and absolutely nothing to use them for. So, if you’ve got a use for them, as my little karma contribution you’re welcome to have them. Would just appreciate you give a fiver or something to your fave charity as a goodwill gesture to “cover” postage.

PM me if you’re interested. First come first served. Probably just let me know first rather than sending all your details first. Will get back to to you as soon as poss.

image.jpg

Edited by TrevorR

i've just thrown a tape measure against my bass and i think they might be too short for my bass as well, it's a 30" scale but i think i need 32" between the ball end and the start of the silk to ensure proper fitment as it's just over an inch behind the saddle to the end of the BBOT bridge.

i've just done a bit of a search as i was considering ordering some of the stainless La Bella flatwounds and most places state that all the La Bella short scale strings are 32" from ball end to silk, any ideas what is up with this set? have they gone overboard with the silk?