Why become a member? ×

Heads up for good stores doing part exchange

Express Music in Coventry is a decent shop - done various part ex's there in the past, and they have a reasonable amount of s/h stuff in normally.

Warwickshire also gives you Bass Direct of course, which have done me decent p/ex before now.

On 24/05/2018 at 09:31, Barking Spiders said:

I want to part ex a large chunk of my guitar, bass and drum collection and could do with a good idea of music stores that do good part ex deals, in any of these areas; Bristol, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Coventry, Brum, Oxfordshire. cheers 

You probably know this but it’s worth remembering that a shop will never give you the full “used market value” for items you trade in - they’ll want to make money on it themselves when they sell it on. Part-exchanging can seem convenient but I’ve always found that if you’re prepared to spend the time selling the gear yourself you’ll come out the other end with more money in your pocket. Of course, if it’s particularly obscure stuff and unlikely to sell privately then that changes things slightly. In that case part ex may be the best option, even if you do take a hit on the value...

Edited by CameronJ
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

You probably know this but it’s worth remembering that a shop will never give you the full “used market value” for items you trade in - they’ll want to make money on it themselves when they sell it on. Part-exchanging can seem convenient but I’ve always found that if you’re prepared to spend the time selling the gear yourself you’ll come out the other end with more money in your pocket. Of course, if it’s particularly obscure stuff and unlikely to sell privately then that changes things slightly. In that cas part ex may be the best option, even if you do take a hit on the value...

you're right but i bought my basses and guitars all for less than £500,  so not exactly highly sought after models. I' not having much luck with trying to sell on FB or through old school approaches .

So cheers  to you guys who gave the heads up for the Cov shop. Def give that a go

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe your pricing is simply too high - online prices of used gear has been somewhat inflated by the large number of people who are trying to make money as part time online dealers. Locally to me, anything that is priced to sell disapears from gumtree/shpock within a couple of hours of being listed and most of it gets relisted at higher prices by the same half-dozen individuals which makes fair used market price appear to be higher on first glance to anyone not aware of how many of the adverts are not genuine private sales.