Why become a member? ×

Lightweight Cab

Open E

Your best bet is to add an identical Hartke Hydrive 112. Seriously. That way you keep the same tone but get more volume.

Either that or get rid of the Hartke all together and get one very loud and light cab (possibly 4ohm) that’ll do every size of gig.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Conan said:

OK, I won't then... But that is what I was thinking ;)

And me, love mine and a very easy one hand lift. I dont know anyone who has seen them who isn’t impressed by the sound and amazed by the lack of weight.

As already recommended, if I had a Hydrive and liked it, I'd get another.  All I would add is that this would be the ideal opportunity to try out a few other things to make sure that there's nothing suits you better than Hydrives.  If there was, you could sell yours, add the money to your £400 budget - and buy 2 used examples of the other cab.

I wouldn't get the PF range of cabs. They generally do "Honk" even with swapping the head around and spending ages on E.Q trying to get rid off. 

Try some local shops? PMT have 4x10 ashdowns/fenders etc  for £400 - £550 . Take your head down and have a whirl if your serious about buying one 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a Barefaced Compact 15 secondhand and it’s a mighty fine cab. Together with the Hartke HD112 it’s a big sound from a relatively small and lightweight setup. Thanks to everyone for the advice. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1