Why become a member? ×

Chowny Bass Updates

Chownybass

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh !,  always wanted to learn how to play a knife-block, maybe one day,  still wish I'd bought that lined and fretless b stock chowney,  got any more iffy short scales around  ?

On 16/07/2018 at 20:11, MWH said:

Ooh !,  always wanted to learn how to play a knife-block, maybe one day,  still wish I'd bought that lined and fretless b stock chowney,  got any more iffy short scales around  ?

I've got a Sapphire Burst with a scratch on the neck that I can knock £50 off. :) It's one of the new 2018 ones where we've moved production to India from China.

Edited by Chownybass

Just now, MWH said:

Indeed sir,  that very one,

your going to tell me next that Chowny don't market a lined but fretless model

We don't make a fretless CHB bass at all. That one was a one off. That's not to say we won't in the future.

• Sad 1

yes it was a one off and took me 3 seconds to decide - i have a unlined acoustic fretless as always played fretted and i've not got the time to relearn - so bought the chowny - selling the aria

My Chowny SWB-1 is a great little bass but I've never been a fan of the big Chowny name plate on the headstock.  At first glance it could be a Rickenbacker!   Having recently fitted tape wound strings the neck and action needed to be altered so I took it to a local guitar technician.  He didn't like the big name plate either and made me a neat little cover (mahogany) for the neck brace hole.  He even contoured it to match the shape of the headstock.  No offense Stephen, but I think it looks much better.

20180810_153349[1].jpg

9 minutes ago, LeftyP said:

My Chowny SWB-1 is a great little bass but I've never been a fan of the big Chowny name plate on the headstock.  At first glance it could be a Rickenbacker!   Having recently fitted tape wound strings the neck and action needed to be altered so I took it to a local guitar technician.  He didn't like the big name plate either and made me a neat little cover (mahogany) for the neck brace hole.  He even contoured it to match the shape of the headstock.  No offense Stephen, but I think it looks much better.

20180810_153349[1].jpg

No offense taken. The advantage of the TRC on the Chowny basses is that it makes them easily recognisable and gives them a bit of a retro look. So from a marketing point of view it works like dambusters!

Sometimes people choose to make their own ones (we send people to Gig.INK who have copies of our TRC plans).