Why become a member? ×

Chowny Bass Updates

Chownybass

Hi All

Lots going on at Chowny at the moment. So am sponsoring a thread to put you in the picture :)

We've new offices in Bristol (in scenic Lawrence Hill) and would love to invite anybody who fancies it to pop by and have a play on our basses or pedals. Just give us a heads up when you want to come.

So first stock updates: 

Stock in of all of the following:

• Retrovibe EVO Davie504 Basses
  • Retrovibe EVO 
  • Retrovibe Volante
  • Retrovibe Vantage
  • Fuzzster Pedals
  • Pitchcraft Pedals

Stock incoming over the next month 

• SWB Pro
  • SWB-1
  • CHB-1 and CHB-2 (2018 editions)

We've added a new video studio and are adding new videos to our Youtube channel twice a week. They will be a mix of things (jams, talks etc) 

Here is Scott Whitley and I talking about the SWB and how we came to make it.

And here is Danny Sapko playing on the very first ever CHB that we made.

Finally we are releasing our new Bassmosphere Pedal soon.

It's boutique designed Chorus/Reverb pedal. Manufactured in China and sold for the price of £62 (plus the usual "basschat" discount).

Anybody who wants to come and play some bass (and drums) or just bring your band into our studio to do a song - get in touch.

Thanks! Will add to this thread as new stuff happens.

• Like 2

Is the art for the Bass-mosphere sourced the same way as the previous ones? I do like this one too, and the name!

You asked for artists to come up with designs? (I think it's a great idea and appreciate the support for other creative.)

What pedals do you have your eye on next btw?

10 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Is the art for the Bass-mosphere sourced the same way as the previous ones? I do like this one too, and the name!

You asked for artists to come up with designs? (I think it's a great idea and appreciate the support for other creative.)

What pedals do you have your eye on next btw?

<super_nerdy_graphic_design_content>

I have a buddy who does all my artwork for me. I pick the colours from Fiestaware https://goo.gl/TZ8Y2s which was dinnerware made in the 1940s/1950s. They all kind of follow a similar design, but with a different two colours on each pedal. I try give each pedal a quirky retro aesthetic.

Up till now we've put the pedal naming duties out to the public (and if we pick a name from somebody they get a free pedal). 

The artwork is vinyl hardwearing outdoor stickers. They're super resilient. The pedals come blank from the factory and I have to spend 4 hours sticking all the stickers on.

Here's what the stickers look like: 

33163187_2051724895100865_33199232878861

</super_nerdy_graphic_design_content>

The next pedal will be an envelope filter (with a HP/LP blend). Name suggestions welcome! 

Edited by Chownybass
  • Like 1

Oooh, now that's clever - blank pedals with stickers. 4hrs sticking decals on? You need a Bass Intern :)

You also ought to deliberately do one wrong and let the rumours talk it up as a rare icon.

Hmm. Envelope filter with a quirky name.

Going Postal?

Funk Tank?

If you do a Compressor you could call that The Squasher (I'm clearly thinking too much.)

MEGA PRE-ORDER OFFER!

Bass-Mosphere Pedals are now available to Pre-Order for £62 (image attached)

Delivery will be approximately end of June. Anybody pre-ordering will be sent a 50% discount code of either a Fuzzster or Pitchcraft Pedal about a week before dispatch.

Also use code "basschatpedal" for an additional £2.50 off.

Thanks for the support.

Pre-Order here : http://chownybass.com/product/bass-mosphere-octave-reverb-pedal/

33513655_2052839581656063_89117444612858

• Like 2

New video released today :)

This time our resident drummer (Joe Bradley) had a go playing the bass for us. 

Gear used: 

Chowny SWB-1 bass (in Ash) Active
Little Marcus head
Markbass 4 x 10 cab
Tascam us-1641interface
Ludwig Breakbeats by Questlove drums
Yamaha EAD10 Drum Module

Edited by Chownybass
Fixed Youtube link

***NOW SOLD****

For sale : £360 (special basschatter price) this fretless CHB-1 conversion.

We converted a B-Stock CHB-1 that had faulty fretwork into this fretless beauty!

Only one of it's kind. Fitted with GHS Precision strings.

34071730_2056074581332563_4008474032256034070264_2056074574665897_6803910164656134088193_2056074571332564_55379997012629

34102355_2056074644665890_27076250364071

Edited by Chownybass
sold it
  • Like 3