Why become a member? ×

'Upgraded' Westone Thunder 1A

15 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Vile and ruined. :(

Not sure whether to be amused or depressed at the BIN prices that Thunder 1s are appearing at on FleeceBay. In the real world they're still £150 - £200 tops, like they always have been.

Sadly unless you are of a certain age bracket, the Westone name will not mean anything to you, & fairly limited demand has an effect on the used prices in the bracket you mention.

I paid £170 for my 1A, & I still look at it in disbelief in that is all I had to pay for it. If I had paid £500+ for it imagining that's where the market value was, I wouldn't have been disappointed - the quality is there for sure.

It's interesting - just had a look at the completed items listings for Thunders and on the whole it would appear prices are dropping - items sold in auctions seem to be around £150 with a good few significantly lower. One or two have sold for for £200+ but you can only assume these people aren't checking current average prices, or are just succumbing to Ebay Madness!

Still a lot of them about, and still a lot of bargains out there. B|

Nothing wrong with the type of finish - dark stain enhancing the grain pattern - it's just that this looks an ugly, badly-done mass.

Quite incredulous that he claims to have  paid money to have this done to it! :o