Why become a member? ×

Pitch Shift

Quilly

Slightly confused about your requirements, E to D makes sense, but do you mean you want A to go UP to B? Or down to G?

Either way, there's loads, but my personal favourite is the Line6 M5 (or any of the M series, but they get pretty large if you only want one effect).
I set up 4 different patches that shifted my whole bass down a semi-tone each time, so a patch each for Eb, D, Db, C tuning etc. I even did a whole gig with the whole bass down to D (D, G, C, F), with me playing a position up obviously, and no-one noticed the tone as sounding overly processed in any way.

Si

Not a single pitch shifter is going to do exactly what you want, which seems to be re-tuning your bass so you don't need a second bass for gigs. Sure, you can get great pitch shifting that tracks solidly, but the tone will just be all wrong. 

Many players get away with using the Digitech Drop to go down to Eb or D, but going from E down to B just isn't going to sound good. The further from your home tuning you go, the more unnatural the tone will be.

I have the EHX Pitchfork. VERY natural sounding. Intervals range from detune to three octaves up/down or both. Also has a latch so you can activate it just for the time your foot is on the button or use it like a regular pedal.. very useful.

Edited by TrevorG