Why become a member? ×

Africa - like you've never heard it before?

casapete

Friend of mine sent me this - thought it was a spoof at first, but not so sure now. Anyone else seen it? Bobby Kimball, formerly of Toto.

Was never a fan of the song, but this takes it to a new level! :facepalm:Bass player's face says it all I think.

Edited by casapete
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, casapete said:

Friend of mine sent me this - thought it was a spoof at first, but not so sure now. Anyone else seen it? Bobby Kimball, formerly of Toto.

Was never a fan of the song, but this takes it to a new level! :facepalm:Bass player's face says it all I think.

“Bass player’s face says it all I think”.

I think he was preparing himself for his own, comical, Bass drivel routine at 04:20 onwards.

:D

Edited by lowdown
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, lowdown said:

I think he was preparing himself for his own, comical, Bass drivel routine at 04:20 onwards.

:D

I'm amazed you got that far. I didn't even get to the end of the first chorus. 

9 hours ago, casapete said:

Here's the antidote ...

Edited by EssentialTension
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

...was his solo a spoof..?

Lol, I didn't get that far, but having listened again.....it's still better than the vocal.
I possibly overstated my enthusiasm in light of the horrendous performance from Mr Kimball, I'd like to substitute my superlative for 'fantastic', although concede he's not a great soloist compared to many.

But in all seriousness, when did we start judging bassists on their ability to solo? You heard Rocco Prestia 'solo'? No-one would argue that he's not incredible :)

Si

9 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I tend to judge them on their ability to know when not to play. ha ha.

True, although I'm assuming someone called that solo, rather than Norm just choosing to rinse the ending of the song.
Who know's though, if the former, you tend to do what your boss says.

Si

11 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

If you're curious and want to listen to it: don't. If you've already 'listened': condolences. Crikey, how one can fall so low..! o.O

Too late!!! Can't you edit the thread so that your post is first or something?

Another good song ruined forever :(

12 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

You sure it isn't one of those superinposed joke vocals over a video thing?

That's what I thought when I first saw it TBH.

My mate who sent it said there are others on YouTube nearly as bad though, so am guessing it's for real.