Why become a member? ×

Band Feuds

Hobbayne

27 minutes ago, Fozza said:

Bruce Thomas made a brief appearance with his former bandmates when the group was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2003, but when Costello was asked why Thomas did not play with them at the event, he reportedly replied, "I only work with professional musicians."

Thats a shame. BT's muscular bass lines made the Attractions what they were. Major contributor.

16 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

1st band I joined was twin brothers and their best mate, been playing together since their teens.  the twins are infamous for liking their beer and after about 2 years of them getting lairy I finally quit after they laid into each other..on stage....just as we about to start the 2nd set. I had loads of mates in the audience that night, that was me gone..outta there.  As it happens I still see the twins about, they are still playing together..families eh?

Which Oasis album did you play on?

;)

• Like 1

I've not spoken to my old drummer for over 10 years. Egotistical bully. He was a good chap when we first started playing together, but over the 10 years we played together he became more of an a******e. He blamed the guitarist for splitting up the band when he got the chance to turn pro, and didn't even acknowledge the birth of the guitarist's son a few weeks later. I don't need selfish people like that in my life

Usually down to excess consumption of alcohol by other band members in my experience. Anything from spoiling gigs with fluffed notes and butchered solos to disappearing on two week benders.

The last band I was in the singer was a total bum. We had a rule... don't let him get his hands on the takings before we've divvied them out. One time he did get his hands on the money and p****d off. Next rehearsal he had "no memory" of what happened to the money. What killed it for me was the reaction of the rest of the band... "typical... you know M*****... watcha gonna do about it?" I wanted to string him up by the heels until he paid us back and then ditch him in the canal... then sack him. It wasn't the money, I just didn't want to be in a band with this guy.

I'm very happy to be a bedroom noodler now.

I played guitar in my first band..the bass player and I began as mates but it soon deteriorated as he was a f@@@ing nutter. Ended with him breaking the headstock off his Precision bass on my bonce mid gig. As was the norm in a 70s punk band it all kicked off and the local town hall got trashed. 

Thats when I knew it was safest to play a bigger instrument so I bought a double bass.. nobodies tried it on since .

Edited by keeponehandloose
Spellcheck

16 minutes ago, keeponehandloose said:

...As was the norm in a 70s punk band it all kicked off and the local town hall got trashed. Thats when I knew it was safest to play a bigger instrument so I bought a double bass.. nobodies tried it on since .

Ha! I suppose if it does happen again you could hide inside it, or something. Sorry, I didnt think this through. :|

We're all bass players here. In a band I think we are the reasonable and sensible ones. Why get into fights or arguments or even raise your voice?

Over the years I've played with many great people but I've also run into a few selfish, psychopathic, self-centred, pathetic, crooked and gold plated aholes and I've never had a cross word with any of them. What would it have achieved?

As I keep saying, this isn't a hobby so my criteria maybe different to yours, but what keeps me in any band containing nightmare people like this is; is the band gigging, is it successful, are the other guys worth staying for, is there a better band on the horizon? I love making music, so if the band is good enough then I can ignore quite a lot of idiotic and twatish behaviour.

Edited by chris_b