Why become a member? ×

Guess the genre or style from the band name

4 minutes ago, Skol303 said:

:D

True fact: first record I ever bought was 'My Gang' by Gary Glitter... picked it up from a jumble sale as a kid. Probably still have it somewhere, although I imagine the resale value has dropped a bit.

There's a second-hand record shop in my neck of the woods. Every so often he gets some real gems in - I've had various LPs by The Who, Camel, Deep Purple, Focus, etc which I've been all too happy to snap up, but there are a couple of albums which Mrs Mooseblaster and I seem to see every time we go into browse. Funnily enough, one of those is an album by The Glitter Band.

We have imagined a future in which the shop owner decides to wind down his operation and has a closing-down sale...and as the last dog-eared vinyl LPs exchange hands for cash, the last dusty CDs bagged up for a journey to a new home, he turns off the lights and locks up the shop one last time. And in that moment, he will look over his should and see one lone album left unwanted on the shelves, and it will be that Glitter Band LP.

(I say one lone album; for all I know he could be in the stockroom right now, ruefully looking at a stack of old Lostprophet CDs which will be keeping the Glitter Band LP company on that day...)

1 hour ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

The idea of this thread was for you to post your band names and see, if at all, the general perception of the Basschat hive mind matches what you think your name suggests.

You haven't answered any of the suggestions!

1 minute ago, BreadBin said:

You haven't answered any of the suggestions!

Therein lies the mystery!

Actually, its sort of slightly psyche pop, which grew out of slightly psyche acoustic, when it went electric. With a little prog in the mix.

Current-ish stuff is here if you want to check my description: https://soundcloud.com/the-new-moon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

We have imagined a future in which the shop owner decides to wind down his operation and has a closing-down sale...and as the last dog-eared vinyl LPs exchange hands for cash, the last dusty CDs bagged up for a journey to a new home, he turns off the lights and locks up the shop one last time. And in that moment, he will look over his should and see one lone album left unwanted on the shelves, and it will be that Glitter Band LP.

Haha, nice imagery xD

On 5/25/2018 at 03:23, MoonBassAlpha said:

The idea of this thread was for you to post your band names and see, if at all, the general perception of the Basschat hive mind matches what you think your name suggests.

An old one, but they have recently started gigging again: The Raging Maggots

On 5/26/2018 at 14:21, MoonBassAlpha said:

Punk

Only in very small doses, but that element is definitely there. The band is primarily a hippie/funk jam band, something like the Grateful Dead with horns and a more aggro psychedelic sort of vibe.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:23, MoonBassAlpha said:

Plastic Mojo Band (or Plastic Mojo Collective in our more chaotic, half-of-us-plus-the-neighbour's-dog weeks)