Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1990-1991 MiJ Squier Precision Bass Black/Black/Rosewood with hardcase. SOLD
£330

silverfoxnik

Now SOLD - thanks for looking.

Hi Folks

For sale only is my 1990-91 MiJ Squier Precision Bass, which comes with a tatty, but functional hard Fender case. SOLD

I bought this from PawelG about this time last year and have used it for just a couple of gigs and a few rehearsals in that time.  Here's what he had to say about the bass in his ad, and I hope he won't mind me quoting him because he summed up the bass really well...:

"So, this Precision is as good as my 1983 JV. The pickups seem a bit ''hotter'', there is A LOT of bottom end and the sound is very woody. Come and hear it for yourself if you can...
The bass is in great condition, has been used a lot but cared for. Usual marks here and there, nothing major. The frets might need polishing in the near(ish) future. Frets 1 to 7 have marks on them already, the rest is almost perfect. Action is really low and there is no buzz anywhere. Currently strung with flatwound D'Addario Chromes. I tried to picture all the imperfections, please message me if you need any more detail.  Comes with a Fender strap, real celluloid 62PB pickguard and a spare white pickguard. Weight is just under 4kg/8.8lb. Nut width - 40mm. "

I bought the bass partly to scratch that 'I really must have a P Bass' itch that I get every couple of years, and to be honest, I wasn't disappointed when I got this one; if you're into that Motown thump and James Jamerson tone, then this is perfect for that.  As Pawel said, it's got a great, warm, woody tone, it plays really well, looks very cool with plenty of mojo and is nice and light - perfect for long gigs! And because I've hardly used it in the time I've had it, it's still in exactly the same condition that Pawel described it as being. 

I'm selling only because I need to find some funds for a new car and if that weren't the case, then I'd be more than happy to keep this because it's really nice P Bass.

And just to explain why I'm selling when it's such a good bass - It's because I'm primarily using Thunderbird basses in my main gigging band now, and I also have a BC Rich Eagle that gets used a lot (and which I couldn't ever part with), so my gigging needs are well catered for.  Hence this beauty being up for sale!

In terms of price, I'm looking for £330 (or near offer) for the bass & case, not including any postage costs.

Viewings are very welcome if you're near enough to me in Littlehampton, West Sussex (tea/coffee/biscuits provided of course), and I'd also be happy to work something out  about travelling if it's within a 50 mile radius.. I'm happy to post (for an additional cost) but there's always a risk with that which I'd prefer not to have to do if possible.

Anyway, thanks for looking and if you need any more info, please ask away here or PM me. By the way,  I do have a feedback thread too, so please check that out if you don't know me and want to check out my credentials on Basschat..

Cheers

Nik

IMG_20180516_200047.jpg

IMG_20180516_200208_1.jpg

IMG_20180516_200434.jpg

IMG_20180516_201242.jpg

IMG_20180516_201021.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayman said:

I had a K series. Best Precision I ever had, and I've had loads, inc my current American Standard, the Squier was better. Nice bass.

Cheers ☺

It is a lovely sounding bass and a lovely player too..