Why become a member? ×

** Withdrawn Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 **
£1000

Now Withdrawn

Hi Folks

Now withdrawn:  Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 amp (rackmount version), which comes with the mute/channel switching footswitch and a 4U rack case with rack draw, power cable and Speakon to Speakon cable.  I bought this from Dvisions just before the New Year and have used it for just a handful of gigs in that time. Price is £500 or near offer and considering these were almost £1700 new when they came out about 10 years ago,and this includes the footswitch and rack case,  I think it's a pretty fair price.

It's working perfectly and is a very powerful, high quality US built amp with a wide array of tonal options. IMO,  the Big Block is capable of delivering volume in spades, with a powerful and easy to use e.q. section (especially the mids) and when needed, a more gritty and overdriven sound if you need it. The Big Block didn't have a footswitch when I bought it so I sourced a Mesa Boogie Lonestar footswitch that does the job of remotely changing channels between clean and overdriven, and also the mute function. It's really handy to have that functionality in a gigging situation...   If I've attached the right photos, then you should be able to see the footswitch operating the mute function and the channel switching.. I've also used the photo that Dvisions used in his for sale ad, so i hope he won't mind me doing that..

There's loads of really helpful reviews and stuff on Google, YouTube, Talkbass etc about this amp but suffice to say, if you want to get more info on it, it's definitely out there!  Here's a few interesting YouTube links: 

This is my favourite - this guy is awesome! 

And though Mesa get associated with Rock music, here's a more funky exponent bigging up Boogie gear : 

And yet another funky Big Block user:  

Only selling because a) I'm using my Ampeg amp & cabs more, b) imminent house purchase is straining the finances somewhat and c) I've just had to buy a new car. So, something has had to give, hence this being up for sale. As stated, I need to raise funds so I'm not looking for trades at this time, sorry. 

Viewings welcome if you're near Littlehampton, West Sussex (tea/coffee/biscuits provided). Happy to work something out  about travelling if it's within a 50 mile radius.. I've posted large amps before (for an additional cost) and could be persuaded to do so again, but there's always a risk with that which I'd prefer not to have to do if possible.

Thanks for looking and if you need more info, please PM me.  I do have a feedback thread too, so please check that out if you don't know me and want to check out my credentials on Basschat..

Cheers

Nik

Big Block & Berg 212.jpg

IMG_20180516_203621.jpg

IMG_20180516_203707.jpg

IMG_20180516_203723.jpg

IMG_20180516_203753.jpg

IMG_20180516_203715.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Revised wording & links added.

£500 for a Big Block. That's charity! Mate, that is going to annoy a few folks who've recently paid between £300 and £500 more for the same head on here! Great great deal, and almost tempted, but man I have so many bloody heads at present :) 

Cheers Chris,

In true Basschat tradition, I'm only looking to get back roughly what it owes me.

To be honest, it's such a great sounding head, I wouldn't be too upset if it doesn't sell... Same is true of the Bergantino 212 as well. 

But like you, I've got too much gear at the moment!

Nik

Had a few enquiries on the Big Block and a couple on the Berg, but nothing definite as yet..

So, it's a Wednesday evening BUMP for this high quality rig which I'm happy to sell as a whole, or as two separate items.

Thanks for looking ☺

I had a Big Block for a while and loved it. The only problem for me was that I also have an SVT, and the Big Block sounded close enough to it for me to start questioning whether I should sell the Ampeg. I'm still not sure that, in keeping the Ampeg, I made the right decision :) 

Thanks for the positive words Chris - it really is a great sounding head.

I was using it last night with my custom built Thunderbird and it sounded glorious with the overdrive channel set at about 9 o'clock..

It's one of the few amps I've played where the overdrive channel, if set right, actually sounds better than the clean channel.  

Must admit to being surprised that there seems to be very little love or interest for this rig...

..whether that's the gear itself (though Mesa and Bergantino are top draw IMO) the price I've put it up at, or just the fact that stuff really isn't shifting very quickly on Basschat these days, I don't know?

Anyway, here's a BUMP for the BANK Holiday weekend regardless! ☺

2 hours ago, Sarlscharisma said:

Bump from me.  I own a Mesa BB750 and it's an amazing amp.  At this price a steal!  GLWTS.

Cheers.. ☺

I've actually been pondering about whether or not to withdraw the Big Block over the last couple of days, as it's such a great sounding amp....

A pre weekend BUMP for all you lovers of..

..hi-tech, lo-tech, Class A, Class D, light weight, heavy weight, solid-state, valve-state, make-weight, permanent state, HiFi tone, Vintage tone, single-channel, dual-channel, old watts, new watts, ultra-lows, ultra-highs, sparkling-mids, scooped-mids, mono-blocked, bi-amped, revamped, smoke-free zoned, stand-alone, buttery-toned, and 'hefty' toned..

Bass Gear! 😁

Weekend BUMP for all you lovers of..

..hi-tech, lo-tech, Class A, Class D, light weight, heavy weight, solid-state, valve-state, make-weight, permanent state, HiFi tone, Vintage tone, single-channel, dual-channel, old watts, new watts, ultra-lows, ultra-highs, sparkling-mids, scooped-mids, mono-blocked, bi-amped, revamped, smoke-free zoned, stand-alone, buttery-toned, and 'hefty' toned..

Bass Gear! 😁

• Like 1

Just to clarify,  price is £500 or near offer.

Updated advert to concentrate on the Mesa Big Block 750 only now, with some cool YouTube links and revised wording.

Hopefully, this will help focus attention on what is a great amp !

Thanks for looking... :)  

Edited by silverfoxnik

Has to be the biggest bargain on BC right now - a BB750 for Walkabout money???  :scratch_one-s_head:

I've got the Titan V12 which is essentially 2 BB750's and they're sublime and incredibly versatile amps - this paired with geofio's Mesa 4x12 would be an absolute monster......

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Has to be the biggest bargain on BC right now - a BB750 for Walkabout money???  :scratch_one-s_head:

I've got the Titan V12 which is essentially 2 BB750's and they're sublime and incredibly versatile amps - this paired with geofio's Mesa 4x12 would be an absolute monster......

Cheers Greg! ☺

It is fabulous and I can only imagine how it would sound through that Boogie 412.. 

Must admit to being very torn about this amp ... it works so well in my band, and is only just shaded by my Ampeg V4BH.

On 16/06/2018 at 17:22, Shaggy said:

1 hour ago, HazBeen said:

This is an insanely good price for what I consider to be one of the best sounding amps out there, ever...

Yep, keep it Nik, the day it sells you'll realise you need it. I only sold mine to get a M-Pulse 600 because my SVT has the boxes ticked for the BB750, but I'm glad I have both. The BB gives you control over tone that the V4B doesn't, and you might just miss it!  

• Thanks 1