Why become a member? ×

Nanyo Bass Collection Appreciation Society

Elfrasho

Just purchased my first this week from a fellow basschatter, and I'm nothing short of stunned how good this thing is. I notice there isn't already a fan thread as of yet but I think there's some love, so lets start one!

This is probably a 325 (!?) but I'm happy to be corrected!

lets see yours!

DSC05360.jpg

DSC05361.jpg

DSC05362.jpg

DSC05364.jpg

DSC05359.jpg

• Like 2

I remember seeing these 2-3 years ago and (being still knee deep in my Soundgear obsession) thought they were just Ibanez copies and was turned off by the headstock.

More fool me. These things look super from what I've seen on youtube. Not too expensive either! The Speakeasy version anyway. How do the newer ones compare to the original Nanyos?

The Japanese SGC ones are v cool basses - i''ve had a black 1988 SB301 fretless and a red 1991 SB310 active one.

Both very nice basses, super lightweight, and incredible value for £100 and £180 if i remember correctly.

I've since sold them on, as none of the playing i do nowadays suits the 'none more 80s' appearance of these. But fair play, they are really good basses, beautifully well made and great value Japanese kit.

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

My first fretless was a BC from The Bass Centre Wapping, around '93 I think. Very good indeed, would happily go for another. Traded it about 2 years later for a Thumb NT fretless but that BC was very nice. I really like the understated finishes too. If I ever saw a 5 fretless I'd be on it.
Mine was light, v well balanced, excellent fingerboard (rosewood I think but very dark) - it looked a bit fragile after my Precision, but was well up to it.
In the price range now (2nd hand) I'd recommend a look and play.

BTW - there's a 4 fretless on FB at the mo - £270 >

Screenshot 2019-02-17 at 06.30.19.png

Edited by Soledad

I had a fretless 4 about 15 years ago. Lovely bass, great neck, but I was used to heavier basses (Hayman, Fender, and Warwick) and I found the incredible light weight rather unsettling. Now, old and feeble as I am, I'd find it rather attractive.

• 3 years later...

Hi all :0)

I'm trying to repair and restore my nanyo , first bass from first band n during stripdown I've lost a saddle :0( ive seen that some nanyos use hipshot bridges, is this correct? Or can anyone kindly let me know how to get hold of an original saddle ,, they are the blocky square ones n not the cylindrical ones:0) any assistance will be massively appreciated as I need to get the old girl back to her glory 

9 hours ago, Spudd said:

Hi all :0)

I'm trying to repair and restore my nanyo , first bass from first band n during stripdown I've lost a saddle :0( ive seen that some nanyos use hipshot bridges, is this correct? Or can anyone kindly let me know how to get hold of an original saddle ,, they are the blocky square ones n not the cylindrical ones:0) any assistance will be massively appreciated as I need to get the old girl back to her glory 

I'm sure other stores are very good but I've always found a call to Northwest Guitars sorts out any weird hardware requests I have.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, misterdistortion said:

Has anyone ever had to change the barrel jack socket on these? The one on my SB325 keeps failing and the jack pops out.

Sooner or later, everyone has to change barrel jack sockets. They're a consumable item.

• Like 1