Why become a member? ×

Peavey bxp 5 stringer

kevvo66

11 minutes ago, kevvo66 said:

Hiya people, Any thoughts?. on these basses any good I've have an offer of one  in a trade, cheers

Need a bit more to go on.

There's passive Internationals, active Fury 5's, passive Grind 5's,active Grind 5's (JJ), Millenniums in active and passive then finally Zephyr 5/C5's

which can be neck thru or bolt on.

1 minute ago, kevvo66 said:

It's the millennium 

Champion. Slim neck and quite light. If it's the active model.

Pickups are VFL humbuckers (exact same as went in USA Peaveys), 4 wires so can take a mini switch for coil tap. Preamp is pretty standard. You can get a crazy low action on them by filing the base string height blocks. Takes a shim too :) Chinese builds I found better than Indonesian,easy to spot Chinese the mouth of the harpoon headstock is beveled,Indonesians had truss rod wheel for adjustment. Nothing wrong with Indonesian I just think the Chinese builds had that bit extra,wish I never sold mine now xD

Some of the finishes are stunning,the violet quilt on my Chinese beat the violet quilt on my USA Millennium Plus hands down.

If it's the passive then I've never played one but I'll get you a YT link for a country/blues fella with one.

I have a passive millennium. (The one in my profile pic) It’s really nice: mine is barely 8lbs, good tonal variation from the J pickups. Neck is slim; Ibanez-like, and smooth. Made in Vietnam i believe. Tuning holds fine, metalwork good and a decent range of finishes. I got it new for £180 (i think).

Edited by Daz39
  • Like 1