Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Elwood 4a - TRADED
£750

Conan

Only six months old. Absolutely unmarked. Due to my rather frustrating current band situation it hasn't been gigged, and only used at rehearsal about 8 times... Plays like a dream! Does all the usual Jazz bass stuff, which is no surprise as this is basically their take on the Fender Jazz bass - but generally using higher quality components and finished to a higher standard. But most of you who know about  this brand already know this of course.

Neck is 38mm at the nut, and feels just like a nice J should - not too chunky and not too slim. Made from maple, with black blocks. "Satin" finish, which is very reminiscent of the Fender Geddy Lee J basses I have owned. Make the neck very "fast" and comfortable to play. Body is alder. Pickups are Delano, as is the 3-band active preamp. Bridge is an in-house model, rather like a Hipshot A-style in design. Matching headstock (as you can obviously see in the photos).

Speaking of the photos, these are not very good but I've put this ad up in a hurry and will take some better ones when I get time...  Weight (mass!) is 9.5lb (about 4.3kg), which surprised me as this bass does not feel heavy!  Comfortably solid and beautifully balanced, yes. Comes in a gorgeous Maruszczyk padded gig bag.

I am happy to package it up securely for shipping (at buyer's cost and risk) but would be happier with collection. I will also deliver it locally (if mutually convenient, within a 30 mile or so radius of Newcastle upon Tyne, or anywhere along the A69/A75 corridor) for fuel costs. I have lots of positive feedback, so buy with confidence!

Ideally after cash, but I could be interested in trades as long as it doesn't involve me having to add any cash. Just four-string bass guitars though - and most interested in Fender Jazzes, G&L M2000s or EBMM Sterlings. Try me!

Elwood.jpg

Elwood2.jpg

Edited by Conan

8 hours ago, Macbass68 said:

Are you sure it's not a 2 band active pre-amp? Is this an L4a? Thanks,Mac

Yes, quite sure! It is a 4a. It originally had a two band Glockenklang pre, but I wanted more control over the midrange so I specced the three band version. Glock wasn't available so Adrian put the Delano in. :)

Edited by Conan

Had a buyer lined up for the bass, but it didn't work out. The bass I was after has sold, so thinking of withdrawing - but still here for now :)

Edited by Conan

Happy to accept advice on pricing. An equivalent bass would cost around 1200 Euros, which is well over a grand.  https://public-peace.de/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/elwood/4-string

This example is virtually brand new - truly mint condition. Plays great and sounds great. Looks pretty good too!

I'm happy to keep it of course, as I just don't need three J basses...

Edited by Conan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Completely off topic, but I love your avatar pic, which is from the original Star Trek series if I'm not mistaken... 

Always reminded me of my old physics teacher, Mr Smillie; a differently handsome chap who never got any stick from a classroom full of sniggering 14 year old students! We were a thoroughly horrible lot back in the day...

Anyway, back on topic, nice bass and GLWTS. ☺

On 06/07/2018 at 07:32, silverfoxnik said:

from the original Star Trek series if I'm not mistaken... 

Anyway, back on topic, nice bass and GLWTS. ☺

But first the Tranya.... It is Balok (or his puppet alter-ego) from the episode "The Corbomite Maneuver" (sic). And thanks :)

Edited by Conan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...