Why become a member? ×

The classic 'band and a wall' photo

matski

Following on from the 'do you look like a rock star?' thread got me to thinking about the classic (cliché) photo of bands either leaning up against or perched atop of a wall. So who amongst us is guilty of participating in such a stereotypical photo? I will hold my hand up and admit that I am :D

Here's one of my old bands from around 1989ish, I'm the one on the left. Don't be shy, show us your walls!

flingthing2.jpg

How about sat in front of a wall on pieces of ancient wall?? .this photo wasn't staged  - it was taken outside the colosseum in Rome - 2 of the band are missing - one of them taking the photo probably

I am Ray-banned in centre sporting a barefaced tee

17620442_1493213290711247_5309784072166423622_o.jpg

Edited by Twigman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Akio Dāku said:

Not my band obviously but I wanted to share this classic shot from the Manchester venue "Band on The Wall" that takes its name from the noval stage design it had back in the day. 46438502_1943orveday.jpg

What a great picture, so much to look at. Love the drum kit.

And it looks like quite a bit of 1940's style photoshopping going on there for the crowd to get the numbers up.

• Like 1

Does "band & decaying gothic gate" count?

2000_04resize.thumb.jpg.b640be4b29d069f4c393b7b517d3fa6f.jpg

Alarmingly, that was 18 years ago - I remember we searched for ages for a suitably melodramatic backdrop. I've ended up living a 5-minute walk up the road from it, as does singer Karen.

We've considered revisiting it as a photo location, in the unlikely event we ever bother to try & find other musicians deluded enough to agree to working with us. :)

Edited by Bassassin
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, phil.c60 said:

Drummer is obvious, Obligatory hat and waistcoat worn by......the guitarist!

5afdcd6cc5ee1_bandlineup2015.thumb.jpg.3f1e826b1aec19c863cd2bdbc9e60fac.jpg

He obviously harbours dreams of greatness, or bass playing, to ordinary mortals.

Bet those studs on the waistcoat scratch the sh!t out of the back of his guitar - mine was specially made without any.

5 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

No wall, but ready to hit the road in my trusted transit ( long base, double wheel btw) Happy days 

2B0AA23B-8D5E-415B-9575-D1448130C7DB.jpeg.6467ba49c6e2525d5617997266ed3e72.jpeg

Ha! We also had a LWB Transit van photo, although it was a post-gig shot, our van was nicknamed 'Old Sh*tter' :D Before then I had a LWB Tranny of my own which in a previous life was an AA recovery van. It came to a sad end when parked outside my house one day and a bloke who had fallen asleep at the wheel of his car crashed straight into the front of it.

flingthing.jpg

Edited by matski
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Highfox said:

I thought that must of been the 80's. What were the band called?

SkinTrade. We had single of the week in RAW magazine, appeared on ITV but people had stopped making this sort of music around '91 / '92. We were still a couple of years behind the times. Good times. Sadly, I'm the only one who kept playing.

• Like 2