Why become a member? ×

What midi?

SH73

2 hours ago, SH73 said:

From above posts I pressume  I can connect midi to laptop via interface. or midi direct to laptop using adaptor?

I would personally suggest trying your setup with a midi controller connected over USB, see how you get on, I predict you won’t have any issues. Don’t get too caught up with Din Vs USB at this point.

Si

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sibob said:

I would personally suggest trying your setup with a midi controller connected over USB, see how you get on, I predict you won’t have any issues. Don’t get too caught up with Din Vs USB at this point.

Si

Si, Can you suggest any midi with Ableton live lite?

I'm  thinking M audio 49 keystation or M audio oxygen 49.

4 hours ago, SH73 said:

Si, Can you suggest any midi with Ableton live lite?

I'm  thinking M audio 49 keystation or M audio oxygen 49.

Hey,

I work for Novation, so am clearly biased. Will leave others here to make suggestions, although do let me know if you have any other questions about the Launchkey 49 mentioned above by someone else :)

Cheers

Si // Focusrite & Novation Media Relations

Edited by Sibob

7 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Hey,

I work for Novation, so am clearly biased. Will leave others here to make suggestions, although do let me know if you have any other questions about the Launchkey 49 mentioned above by someone else :)

Cheers

Si

Biased is sometimes positive. 

• 1 month later...

Decided to get Novation launchkey 49 mk2 which arrived today. I have connected it and it reacts.  Need to set it up.

@Sibob 

I do have ableton live 9 lite already, so I don`t think I need to install the one that came with launchkey. I am, however struggling updating existing ableton l9l.

When I click to check for updates in ableton live, there never seem to be update. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

1 hour ago, SH73 said:

Decided to get Novation launchkey 49 mk2 which arrived today. I have connected it and it reacts.  Need to set it up.

@Sibob 

I do have ableton live 9 lite already, so I don`t think I need to install the one that came with launchkey. I am, however struggling updating existing ableton l9l.

When I click to check for updates in ableton live, there never seem to be update. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Is there definitely an update available? Latest version of Lite appears to be 9.7.6

If you're version is showing as older than that, but not detecting an update from within Ableton, you may need to contact them directly in order to find the best solution without losing all of your templates/settings etc. Whilst we obviously package Ableton and can offer some insight into how it works with our gear, we don't offer support on that kind of issue (ie their update servers etc).

You shouldn't need to update Ableton to run the Launchkey, you'll want to explore the 'In-Control' functionality of the Launchkey and the what it means to not have that selected.

There's a DAW setup article here: https://d2xhy469pqj8rc.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10606/launchkey-mk2-daw-setup-guide.pdf

Page 10 of the manual starts to talk about the differences between 'In Control' mapping and basic DAW mapping: https://d2xhy469pqj8rc.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10577/launchkey-mk2-ug-en_0.pdf

Si // Novation

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sibob said:

Is there definitely an update available? Latest version of Lite appears to be 9.7.6

If you're version is showing as older than that, but not detecting an update from within Ableton, you may need to contact them directly in order to find the best solution without losing all of your templates/settings etc. Whilst we obviously package Ableton and can offer some insight into how it works with our gear, we don't offer support on that kind of issue (ie their update servers etc).

You shouldn't need to update Ableton to run the Launchkey, you'll want to explore the 'In-Control' functionality of the Launchkey and the what it means to not have that selected.

There's a DAW setup article here: https://d2xhy469pqj8rc.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10606/launchkey-mk2-daw-setup-guide.pdf

Page 10 of the manual starts to talk about the differences between 'In Control' mapping and basic DAW mapping: https://d2xhy469pqj8rc.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10577/launchkey-mk2-ug-en_0.pdf

Si // Novation

Thanks gor that Si. Checked mine it is 9.7.6.

Will probably upgrade as 8 tracks is not enough.

All works fine

Edited by SH73
added
  • Like 1