Why become a member? ×

rack tuners

Kevin Dean

4 hours ago, LewisK1975 said:

I have the Helix, so tune through that mostly.  But on occasions where I'm not using it, I also have the TC Clipon and I'll never buy a pedal or rack tuner again.  It works perfectly.  Even in some very noisy rooms.

I was wondering what the TC unit would be like at a gig thanks .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kevin Dean said:

I was wondering what the TC unit would be like at a gig thanks .

It works for me Kev. Haven't used a pedal tuner for a few years. My bass's tuning is pretty solid, so it's never far out. But I've not had a single problem. Sometimes the low B is easier to do by the harmonic. 

• Like 1

The clip-on tuners are great and I use them extensively ... but not at gigs! They disappear way too easily ("disappear" as in go walkies and never come back) and they look ugly as sin.

My Korg DTR2000 on the other hand looks really cool, and with a fly lead left dangling from it, can also be used by the guitarists in the band.

Where space is short, or there's no need for me to bring that particular rack case, I always use a pedal tuner. First choice is the Pitchblack, but increasingly the only pedal I take to gigs is my Valetone Dapper.

• Like 1