Why become a member? ×

Decent Octave Settings for Zoom B3 or B1Xon?

Kebabkid

Hi there,

Before I go out and buy a separate Octaver, I just wondered if anyone had any decent Octave settings for the B3 (older unit)? Maybe something closer to a Boss OC-2 or preferably, a EBS Octabass, as it would be nice to get everything from the one unit.

I think the Octaver is probably their weakest effect in an otherwise great unit. I've tried mucking about with the mono pitch and harmonist fx, too, but I can't find anything that great. It's a shame as that first Zoom shoulder strap unit had a very good octaver.

Thanks

Edited by Kebabkid

Hi there

I also found the octaver in the B1on rather poor. Shame, because it’s my go-to travel companion. In actual fact I ended up getting it to work much better than default by adjusting the ‘tone’ setting I think down to zero. I initially ignored it, thinking it would work like a normal tone control but actually it changes the character of the sound in a strange way, it sort of seems to add distortion as you turn it clockwise. In any event, with tone at zero, it sounded much better.