Why become a member? ×

Hi from the Northwest, UK

Quaddy

Hi all,

Just registered on the site so saying hello as an introduction :)

Used to play (simple) bass in a band a loooong time ago. I can't even remember how long. Let's go with 20 years. Anyway, i moved on and the bass playing kind of fell by the wayside. Well, it did until recently where I've been getting back into music again. I like to dabble in a few musical areas including rhythm and percussion in general, but I love settling back on the bass again after all this time.

I've recently been slowly getting back into it with a cheap 3/4 squire bass that's been knocked about a bit, but when I started to get back into it I thought I'd get something new, so I picked up a Ibanez GSR180 GIO 4 string, and am using it with a Subzero SZB825 25W bass amp, and I'm practically in love with it :)

I like to play standard light rock stuff and absolutely love funk (Joe Dart, Vulfpeck \o/) but generally will play anything for fun!

Based in the North West of the UK, about 20 minutes from Manchester.

/waves

Welcome! I'm another North-West lapsed musician. Not lapsed for as long as you did, mind. I've found loads of useful information and friendly chat on this site over the past few months. I'm sure you'll have a good time.