Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Ibanez SDGR1000(?) 'Samurai' Custom. EMGs etc. Unique!
£500

cetera

Decided I need to thin out the herd a little to make way for possible incoming purchases...... it's a hard choice what to let go..... so I do this with sadness/regret and way withdraw at any point....

This is a unique piece.... a real one-off bass. The seller I obtained it from said he discovered it was part of a multi-instrument Japanese Samurai art mural done by artist Takeshi in 1988 and used for Ibanez promotion in Japan. The other mural pieces were believed to include a top of the range Ibanez guitar among other things....

A top of the range example of the Soundgear series it features EMG active pickups/circuit, sharktooth/fin fretboard inlays and heavy duty Ibanez hardware along with deep inset bolt-on neck and the unique artwork illustrated below. As to be expected, the sound is bold, dynamic and punchy and this bass turns heads everywhere it is seen. I'm always being asked about it whenever I play it out....!

It has a few scratches and lacquer chips, as to be expected of a bass 30+ years old but nothing major and plays smoothly and accurately across the board.

Hard to put a value on this but I believe I have set a fair price for a quality 'top of the range' Japanese instrument with inlays, EMG pickups/circuitry and hand painted unique/original artwork. Will send well packed in a padded gigbag within boxing etc.

Payment by bank transfer (preferred) or Paypal (buyer pays fees).

Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, fast and trustworthy transaction.

Edited by cetera
  • Like 2

Love that - it's more than just a body paint job too, those lightning/shark fin inlays aren't standard. Wondering if it's actually a SoundGear neck in fact, looks wider than the usual 38mm at the nut. Just had a little dig around & those inlays appear on the early 90s RD727 Roadbass, although the headstock & heel are completely different. I think this is a particularly unique bass you have here!

Stunner, only wish I could afford it - GLWTS!

• Thanks 1

On 19/05/2018 at 23:25, Bassassin said:

Love that - it's more than just a body paint job too, those lightning/shark fin inlays aren't standard. I think this is a particularly unique bass you have here!

Cheers! It certainly is that..... and in a good way. The artwork is gorgeous as is the tone!

Beautiful bass.  Can I ask about the controls, are the active pickups feeding a simple passive V/T circuit for each p/up or is it more cunning than that!

6 hours ago, ead said:

Beautiful bass.  Can I ask about the controls, are the active pickups feeding a simple passive V/T circuit for each p/up or is it more cunning than that!

It's a straightforward twin vol/tone circuit with EMG pickups.

20180608_184500.jpg