Why become a member? ×

Amazon Rickenbacker scam?

NOTE TO MODS: I'm pretty sure this is not a genuine sale, so am posting as a warning...

I was browsing Amazon and I came across some RIckenbackers at £455.00, so I had a look.

g7lby1y.png

Hmmm, thinks Paul - that seems too good to be true.

So, I sent an email enquiring whether it was still available and received a reply:

"Hello,

I will explain in this email all terms and condition of product and transaction.
The Rickenbacker Standard 4003S JG · Electric Bass Guitar is  BRAND NEW, never used, ( UK model, not grey market or refurbished), but Amazon does not let us list it as new. The product is Sealed in its original box and comes with full Warranty, receipt, all manufacturer supplied accessories...
The total price is £455.00 including all shipping taxes if you are in UK and for international shipping you have to pay extra 9,99£ (outside UK) .
If you want to buy, send me your phone number, full name, shipping address and I will contact Amazon asap to process your order. Dispatch is by normal DHL Services, which takes 1-3 days depending on where in the UK you are.
My return policy is full money back in 30 days.
For more information don't hesitate to contact us!

Thank You"

I replied asking if I could collect and received the following reply:

"Hello,

Price is low because:

1) Is last model in my store.
2) Was exposed in my store in the show case.

Condition is a 10/10. Box Opened Only. All Manufacturer Supplied Accessories Included. Excellent Condition. Full manufacturer's warranty; Buy With Confidence

This deal will go through Amazon Platform and A to Z Guarantee Program.

To set up our transaction I need the follow info:
Full Name:
Shipping Address:
City / Postal Code:
Product:
Quantity:
Phone Number :

99% order ships out same day or next business day GUARANTEED! Customer Satisfaction GUARANTEED!

I will immediately send the required data, Amazon will contact you to order, details about payment and shipping. in maximum 5 days you will receive product.
Waiting your reply ASAP!"

It's ony £455 - what could possibly go wrong?

(Check out the vendor's other items, because they have loads, apparently!)
Edited by prowla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Count Bassy said:

Also, according his messages it is 'brand new sealed in it's box', 'Box opened only', and it's been 'in my store in the showcase'. At least two of these statements would apear to be lies.

They've got so many of them on offer that they're probably getting confused as to which is which... :-)

Unless you have £455 that you don’t want.

If you really don’t want £455 and fancy nothing for it, then I can find a home for it.....

Seriously though it looks just like the eBay scams stating that all bids / offers will be rejected and that completion is to be off eBay. To be fair to eBay they seem to be shutting those ads down very quickly now.