Why become a member? ×

Continual popping/ clicking noise

T-Bay

I think I know the reason for this but after a second opinion as it is also a bit weird. I have a Mooer Reverb pedal I use very occasionally. Having a quick practice tonight ahead of a gig on Friday, go for the reverb and it just makes a loud and continual clicking noise, not the pop you sometimes get on switchover but a continual clicking. I am guessing this is some sort of interference with the shared power supply. I haven’t got an individual one I can test and it doesn’t take a battery to check. The only weird thing is that the pedal board has been in its current form for ages with the exception of the addition of a Ditto but AFTER the reverb. No other pedals on except the always on Spectracomp.

So am I right to suspect the power supply? Or is the pedal borked?

I've had this clicking happening with several Mooer pedals, after some experimenting I found out this happened when they were underpowered either with a (shared) daisy chain or with a power-supply with not enough power, attached to power-supply with sufficient power it's gone.

5 minutes ago, blablas said:

I've had this clicking happening with several Mooer pedals, after some experimenting I found out this happened when they were underpowered either with a (shared) daisy chain or with a power-supply with not enough power, attached to power-supply with sufficient power it's gone.

I wondered about that, but partly discounted it as only the Spectracomp was on. Perhaps the other pedals are drawing current even though they aren’t on. I will unplug a few and see if it helps.

Power supply is (allegedly) good for 1800mA, I run a tuner, kill switch (LED only so no draw when off), chorus, overdrive and ditto so hardly close to that in theory. I will have a go tonight but guessing that will be the problem.